Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Be aware Jerk alert!!  (Read 12894 times)

bbwong

Re: Be aware Jerk alert!!
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2013, 10:18:42 PM »

I saw this guy before and he is one of those regular snaggers in the pool. There are always a group of snaggers show up almost every evening, harassing other fishmen out and start their business. I called DFO last week. If you guys saw a group of age 20s. A blonde super short flat top, a chubby guy...  Pick up your phone.

urbanflyfisher

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2013, 10:45:37 PM »

I remember back in 1998/1999 groups used to show up after 10pm and fill garbage bags full.. usually redneck kids. That used to really piss me off.

bbwong

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2013, 11:49:01 PM »

By the way, Bruce Lee was already fishing the pool at other side of bank, we hit there around 4pm

Next time when I see him , I should ask him to teach me how to famous " One inch punch "

Next time when you see those snagging losers, just pull out your phone. Tape their face and what they have done. Call DFO. They will do what The cops do it for the riot.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2013, 12:42:41 AM »

I saw this guy before and he is one of those regular snaggers in the pool. There are always a group of snaggers show up almost every evening, harassing other fishmen out and start their business. I called DFO last week. If you guys saw a group of age 20s. A blonde super short flat top, a chubby guy...  Pick up your phone.

I think I know who you are talking about. One of the members of that group of young guys was the same guy whose picture of him mishandling a steelhead on the same system caused uproar on here and another site.

While I dont support poachers and snaggers, many who fish without a float at the cable pool are simply new, inexperienced and lack the knowledge and expertise many of you guys are gifted with. although its hard to change those habits of people who are well aware that what they are doing is unethical/illegal but continue their ways anyways, i feel that guys like this just need to be shown the way in a polite, non-threatening way.

Use your discretion when out on the water with questionable anglers and offer friendly helpful hints whenever you can - that's my motto.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 12:46:03 AM by silver ghost »