Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Be aware Jerk alert!!  (Read 12897 times)

Pin-nook

Re: Be aware Jerk alert!!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 08:07:19 AM »

LOL...Love hearing all the tough guys coming out and saying "Well if it was me and my buddy the guy would be going for a swim"! Good luck with that, if that guy can't swim the RCMP will be coming after you for more than assault.

I learned my lesson with that river a long time ago and I'm not the kind to let a fool that I don't know crowd me. I beat the tar out of a older drunk fool that tried to beat me over the head with a rock saying I was using a circle hook( ???) and that I should hand over my license. Anyway, long story short I left after and called the cops and when they came the guy was still fishing and the Cops got his side of the story and since he had a damaged face I would have been charged with assault but lucky for me I had a witness down river.  BTW....you can also be arrested for threatening people as well as I found out ;D :D ;)

It's just not worth it! That river especially the busy spots will always be full of idiots and the funny thing is that I've seen Banana Suit fishing the 2 popular upper river spots and yeah he's pretty persistant(all about the meat...) but the are a lot more than just that guy. Personally I think the crowding and new personalities is spurred on by people that boast and have to report all the success they are having on the Cap. KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.... stop whining!!! 

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 08:09:19 AM »

Looks like he had his survival suit on already. So bright  8) 8) :..

Pin-nook

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 08:11:32 AM »

Big T are you doing that same thing you do on Sundays?

Fishawn

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 11:27:38 AM »

Look, at least for me, fishing is supposed to be relaxing.  Cable pool is a high traffic area where you will encounter all types of fishermen good and bad.  Forget about booting people in the river, if you don't like the stuff that can go on there-Don't Go.  I would much rather fish in a quiet spot and not catch a thing than get all worked up over the actions of 1 or 2 idiots. But that's just me...

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 11:28:49 AM »

LOL...Love hearing all the tough guys coming out and saying "Well if it was me and my buddy the guy would be going for a swim"! Good luck with that, if that guy can't swim the RCMP will be coming after you for more than assault.

X2

jimmywits

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 01:15:10 PM »

Look, at least for me, fishing is supposed to be relaxing.  Cable pool is a high traffic area where you will encounter all types of fishermen good and bad.  Forget about booting people in the river, if you don't like the stuff that can go on there-Don't Go.  I would much rather fish in a quiet spot and not catch a thing than get all worked up over the actions of 1 or 2 idiots. But that's just me...
x2 well stated!

flyrabbit

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 02:34:53 PM »

after fishing that river, and that particular spot for a couple of times, I decided not tor fish that river again there...Not worthy and there are always other options...

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 03:19:34 PM »

I guess if you are fishing in that kind of environment, be ready to accept that kind of behaviour.

People just don't give a hoot and fishing etiquette is almost non existence nowadays.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 03:43:07 PM »

I would have been all, "Hey Buddy, the Jerk Store called, they are running out of you."

That'll learn'm.

Drewhill

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2013, 04:12:33 PM »

I'm glad he didn't block his face. Next time I see him catching fish I'm going to take his spot  ;D

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2013, 05:55:02 PM »

OMG this sh* is funny !

just one of the compounded things that have made me avoid that river since trying it a few times many many years ago.

HOOK - don't piss me off though because I WILL push your my friend in  :P  and without warning !!!
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

X-timber-X

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 08:17:20 PM »

I would feel like a dog, and somebody is slowly inching there hand toward my food in that situation...  I would have probably told him to go fly the f**k somewhere.. 

bigblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 08:50:36 PM »

Both Cable Pool and Dog Leg are well known for foolish fishermen of all stripes.
When salmon are running, I rarely if ever fish there any more due to abundance of ill mannered fishermen.
If you don't enjoy combat fishing, best stay away from those two spots.
There is still another 5~6km of river remaining to explore.  :)

HKSR

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 09:35:08 PM »

You get em everywhere.  Just this evening, my wife and I were fishing off the dock at Lafarge Lake.  3 Persian guys and a girl all came onto that tiny dock and decided they were gonna fish on the dock as well.  One or two more would be ok, but they ALL started casting their lines.  My wife and I moved to a different spot, but man, was I ever close to losing it on them. 

IMO, it's just not worth my time.  There's stupid people everywhere in this world.  You'll never change that.  Just walk away, find another spot, and enjoy what nature has to offer :)

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2013, 10:25:52 PM »

I learned my lesson with that river a long time ago and I'm not the kind to let a fool that I don't know crowd me. I beat the tar out of a older drunk fool that tried to beat me over the head with a rock saying I was using a circle hook( ???) and that I should hand over my license. Anyway, long story short I left after and called the cops and when they came the guy was still fishing and the Cops got his side of the story and since he had a damaged face I would have been charged with assault but lucky for me I had a witness down river.  BTW....you can also be arrested for threatening people as well as I found out ;D :D ;)

It's just not worth it! That river especially the busy spots will always be full of idiots and the funny thing is that I've seen Banana Suit fishing the 2 popular upper river spots and yeah he's pretty persistant(all about the meat...) but the are a lot more than just that guy. Personally I think the crowding and new personalities is spurred on by people that boast and have to report all the success they are having on the Cap. KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.... stop whining!!!

Well put. My thoughts exacty. If you are willing to toss someone in the water or beat them up over a fishing spot then you are from the same shallow end of the gene pool as they are. If you are attacked, that is differnet and you should defend yourself. Although there is nothing worse than having some guy(s), without asking, cram in on your spot and violate evey rule of fishing etiquete know. I've been there dozens of times and yes it sucks, especially when you were there are first light and some ignoramus showing up at noon thinks he can just shoehorn himself in where there is no room. That being said, it's just a fishing spot!

Also for bbronswyk2000, yakideath12 and chronicfisher, as Pin-Nook alluded to...unless you are one bad a** dude and can be confident that you can take just about anyone, do you really want to pick a fight with a stranger??!!??!! You have NO idea who this guy is. Is he a trained fighter? A kung-fu master? Or maybe some some joe blow who has never been in a fight. Maybe he is a nut bar and has a knife. Perhaps you will go to lay a beating on him and he will lay a beating on you, and your buddy, and throw you both in the river!

I work in law-enforcement and I could not tell you how many times I've seen a big tough guy mean looking guy get destroyed by someone 1/2 his size who didn't look tough at all. But he was trained fighter. The bottom line is unless you have to fight - don't! And if you do get in a fight, as an old Krav Magra instructor of mine used to say "hit first and hit hard, and if that doesn't work, go for the ballsack."

My rule of thumb is if someone is being rude, confront them and say something. Maybe they are ignornat of the unwritten rules. After that if they just don't care and are clearly just a jerk, then I leave. Maybe I'll walk the dog and come back later. Remember...it's just a fishing spot.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:28:59 PM by Spawn Sack »