Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Foul hook  (Read 12824 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Foul hook
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2008, 10:24:05 PM »

If PETA had it's say we all are foul for hooking.......whatever......we hook.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Richmond

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2008, 12:33:27 PM »

A fish that has been hooked on the outside of the mouth, and the hook is facing inward at the hinge indicates foul hooking.

Cheers,
Nicole

are you kidding?
I have never onced looked to see which way my hook was pointing.

the pics Rod posted are NOT foul hooked

Terry D

• Carp are sportfish too!!!
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2008, 05:01:23 PM »

When using "proper" fishing methods and getting proper bites, I still believe you can come up with 100 reasons/theories why a fish has been hooked outside its mouth.  In my opinion, if a fish is hooked in or around the mouth, then that's fine.  It if is hooked in any other part of the body, then it is foul hooked.  We all have our opinions on what is fair game and what is not.  I really do think though, that we do not want legislation on this matter, especially when it is drafted by some bureaucrat who is not even an angler.  Best solution is to have an angler's code of ethics and better education.

bmynbr

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2008, 05:42:26 PM »

Best solution is to have an angler's code of ethics and better education.

Only problem with that is that the guy that I had seen at the river said he had a rubbermaid full of fillets, and yet he was still taking fish he hooked in the gills.  There is no ethics there, just trying to save a buck on his next meal.  No education would change him :-\...My opinion

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2008, 06:14:17 PM »

For someone like that.  More regulation wouldn't help.  What he needs is a streak of bad luck getting caught a few times in a row, then MAYBE he'll learn his lesson.

CohoOn!

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2008, 02:23:25 PM »

It's obvious there's no hope of any "angler code of ethics" nor any hope for enforcement of one if there was. Anywhere in the face/head allows any hack to go floss their four fish a day any time there's stacked fish to be had in a river.
One fish per day and lose your vehicle for 90days if you're caught with more would solve this issue immediately. Land them any old way you please and spare the debate because most people these days are doing what ever they please anyway. It's really sad.
But will the majority of us "brave hunter warriors" be willing to make the personal sacrifice today so that our kids and grand kids have a chance to catch a salmon? :-\
Yes there's commercial,Native and environmental issues at play as well but that doesn't mean we can't do our part as well.

Long May Yer Big Jib Draw!

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2008, 02:29:37 PM »

Ya and you'll also loose most of the funding that's in fishery right now.  :-\

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2008, 08:52:30 PM »

We're discussing fish hooked in a river drift fishing situation, not fishing at Garry Point in Saltwater...

And no I'm not kidding, not one bit.

Cheers,
Nicole

are you kidding?
I have never onced looked to see which way my hook was pointing.

the pics Rod posted are NOT foul hooked
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin