Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Big Thanks To The Trophy Hunter crew.  (Read 4427 times)

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re: A Big Thanks To The Trophy Hunter crew.
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 10:12:05 PM »

Thanks a lot Rick and everyone else that made this event possible. The turnout was great as was the weather except for early morning which was quite nippy, but by the looks and smiles on the participants faces, it was a big success. Some fabulous prizes were given away and it was an opportunity to see some of the faces of the fishing community and even quite a few from FWR. My brother and myself had a wonderful time and can't wait to enter next years event. Thanks again to Rick and all the others for all their hard work, and we will be there next year to try our luck again. Good Fishing All.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 09:26:00 AM »

Thanks to all those who made it out to the derby this year !!! Attendance was down from last year but it was still a good time, I wish we could have seen more fish entered in the derby. Congrats to Pat who entered the winning fish 16 lb 6 oz !!! and congrats to all those who were lucky enough to wion one of the great prizes won in the raffle !!! Thankyou again Mary for all of your help, thanx to Hunter and Brian and Paul and everyone who brought food and donated prizes !!! It always amazes me how generous people are with their donations  ;D ;D ;D Hey Rod...... was looking forward to seeing you out there this year................. maybe next year will be the year !!!

cheers TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

poper

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 08:28:49 PM »

I would just like to thank Rick and the Trophy Hunter Crew for a great derby!!  Also, thank you so much for the great prizes!!!  The Islander Reel was an awesome prize.... wow!!   Thanks to everyone that helped with all the food and prizes and I am looking forward to next year's derby!!
PS.... it is Pat B.    not    Pat W.  lol... oh well

MsCharlie

• Kids in the Nest Educational Society
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 08:38:09 PM »

THANK YOU RICK FROM ALL OF US HERE AT KIDS IN THE NEST EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY

Rick we just can't thank you enough. The whole day was just amazing. Meeting all those incredible fisherman was truly a dream come true. I have never seen any one fly fish before, and that was really something to see. To actually meet Mary and now realize that is the cute lady I see on the river cam was such a hoot. Everyone there was so kind to me and so helpful. Your donation to help the River Cam off set the bandwidth cost, did not help it, you guys SAVED it.
As I have said to you many times, not in a million years would Gill or I ever have guessed the world wanted to see this part of the world over the INTERNET, and watch it they do.
The kids in the countries that have no access to water, are just shocked to see you all walk in water that you drink. The fish they see you catch, is the same to them as it would be for us when we take our grandkids to Disney Land. It is that exciting to them to see all of this.
When some of you wave at the camera and they see that, you have made that child's day. Their only wish if for us to post pictures of your fish, equipment, and yes your DOGS you take fishing with you. You have to put yourselves in the mind of a child in a distant land, that does not have rivers, mountains, snow, or trucks and jeeps and the many cars they see on that river cam. All of this is brand new to them.
There is also another huge bunch of viewers that watch all of your guys. Seniors and many people who are in hospice and hospitals around the world. I hear from them everyday. They can lay in their beds, sit back and just enjoy watching a fisherman cast his/her  line, than slowly walk down the river in the water. When they see you guys stand up on top of those big rocks and just cast for a bit, my in-box fills up with people saying, more more we want to see more. Many have never seen Bald Eagles fly over the heads of fisherman before now, kayaks com shooting past the camera and on and on it goes.
Yes you guys have become HERO'S to many out there. Quite by accident, each of you whether you realized it or not, have become the ' Crocodile Dundee's ' of the Chilliwack River. You have also become the very people who are now representing Canada around the world and what this river means to all of us, and now them.
I have set up a thread on the kidsinthenest.com site and posted all the pictures I took at the Derby. If any of you have a moment, we would very much appreciate it if you could take a moment and post pictures of your fish and equipment and tell the kids what it all is. There is no limit on how many pic's you can post, and that includes your pets and vehicles. Remember, this is ALL new to them to see ANY of this, and NEVER have they had contact with any of you till now.
In closing, I can not thank you enough. Rick, Hunter, Paul, Jim, Chris, Rod, Mary, and so many more.
You are changing the lives of children, and you may not have realized it till now, but your teaching the world how to be good stewards of ALL rivers.
Thank you
Ms Charlie Hilliard
President
Kids in the Nest Educational Society
'Teach a child today and they will Teach a child tomorrow '
Teach a Child Today and they will Teach a Child Tomorrow

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 10:06:07 PM »

So Rick what was the final donation that was made to kids in the nest?

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

MsCharlie

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 08:29:22 AM »

Jim I can't answer a private message in here for some reason, SORRY....:( But the problem on our site is we had the coppa setting on and that's what blocked you. It has now been disabled. Sorry for the inconvenience.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 09:12:39 AM »

So Rick what was the final donation that was made to kids in the nest?

Final number was $1300.00 dontaed to kids in the nest
I really wish it could have been more, but it was still a decent amount and I hope it will help them
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

MsCharlie

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 01:33:16 PM »

A Special Thank you from the students who watch you guys on the Chilliwack River Cam.