Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Good Day In Chilliwack, Tonight, Feb. 10 Journal, A Little Early  (Read 4024 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

As usual a warm welcome To the Journal on FWR a little early today. A special thanks for the good wishes from so many forum members on the once lost but now found rod, reel and Maple Leaf Drennan float. ;D ;D

On getting home from a Fraser Valley Salmon Society meeting the first thing I checked was the call display on the phone. There it was two calls from some name I could not recognize. ;D ;D

With trembling hands usually reserved for tussling with a steelhead I dial the number. I dial local but the automatic operator says no connection can be made. Better still I think as it is long distance as I now feel it could be some honest soul that has found my precious and of course sentimental equipment.

When the fellow from Port Coquitlam answers I give my name and yahoo the answer is, I have a fishing rod and reel with your name on it.  ;D ;D ;D

He found it right in the middle of Hopedale Road and he said he almost drove over it thinking it was first a tree branch but said he noticed the Maple Leaf Drennan's red top. ;D ;D Only kidding he saw the reel so he stopped just in time. He said it is OK but I will be lucky if it did not suffer some damage falling from the Leaf Mobile to the pavement.

He said reading the inscription on it he knew it meant a lot to someone which of course it does.

For once we find there is honest people around and I am lucky one of them found it. I have returned numerous cell phones and wallets I have found along the river and while doing cleanups so this time I am the lucky one.

He is up this way tomorrow and I will meet up with him early. Maybe the rod will be OK to get out and continue the search for a steelhead as the search for my treasured rod and reel is now over and it will be safely back home again tomorrow.

Before I forget that darn East Wind that pitched the reel and rod out of the Leaf Mobile is still blowing very strong. If you are coming up tomorrow maybe consider looking for a shealtered spot if you can locate one.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 10:43:22 PM by chris gadsden »

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
Re: A Good Day In Chilliwack, Tonight, Feb. 10 Journal, A Little Early
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 10:30:58 PM »

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Port Coquitlam, I bet I know who it is if I heard their name. ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 10:35:55 PM »

:D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 10:49:33 PM »

Good news indeed.  :) :) Nice to hear that there are still honest people out there.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 10:53:29 PM by Fish Assassin »

Bone Cross

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 10:54:55 PM »

That's not good news Chris, That is Grrrrrreaat!!! news as a wise tiger once said ;) ;D. This is proof of good karma working in ones favor. All of you efforts come back.  :)
from a Redneck point of View!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 10:56:18 PM »

The guy phoned you so fast probably because:

The wife demanded him as she could not stand the sight of that mysterious black residue/stain on the cork handle any longer. ;D

Or,

He couldn't handle looking at the deformed Drennan float. ;D

Happy ending indeed, all those garbage pickups along the river have brought some very good luck this year. :)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 10:58:51 PM »

Or he can't stand the sight of that Make Belief drennan  ;)

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 11:09:24 PM »

I would say the answer A. wife can't stand the mysterious black stain on the cork handle... LOL     

Chris maybe you should clean the handle tomorrow after fishing.. So if that happen next time, ppl would know thats a fishing rod for sure not a broke tree branch. hahahaha...  Anyway, glad you found your rod and reel.

Boozi

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 11:12:02 PM »

Thats awsome, glad you got it back
Toss that Roe and get a Hoe

Griz

• I'm a llama!
    • www.kodiaktackle.com
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 11:13:52 PM »

Chris that's awsome new's to hear you will be getting your rod & reel back to fish it another day. When you see Nick can you say Hi to him for me. Thanks Gerry.

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 11:33:30 PM »

Definitely good news Chris,now go catch that 20lber for the journal tomorrow,i hear good luck runs in threes.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 11:49:34 PM »

though you prolly know lots of rod builders.... if she needs to go in for warranty due to cracks or breakage, I'll build her back up for ya on the house Chris. Very good to hear thier are some good honest folk out there, I am sure you are very relieved.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2006, 01:34:08 AM »

Sorry for the loss but so glad that you recover the sentimental set of gears from a honest soul in our great city of Port Coquitlam, home of Terry Fox.  Way to go Poco. By the way is he a FWR member. How does he know you phone number?  ???

On the other hand, what an amazing thing one day can make that much difference in fishing. It cannot be the wind, can't it?  How does a fish feel the wind from under the water?  Must be something to do with changes in atmospheric pressure.  It is much cooler today, so a high pressure coming?  ???

funfisher

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2006, 06:01:29 AM »

Good things happen to good people, thats my motto. Nice to hear you got it back :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2006, 06:21:41 AM »

Sorry for the loss but so glad that you recover the sentimental set of gears from a honest soul in our great city of Port Coquitlam, home of Terry Fox.  Way to go Poco. By the way is he a FWR member. How does he know you phone number?  ???

On the other hand, what an amazing thing one day can make that much difference in fishing. It cannot be the wind, can't it?  How does a fish feel the wind from under the water?  Must be something to do with changes in atmospheric pressure.  It is much cooler today, so a high pressure coming?  ???
Thanks for telus phone book on the computer. ;D