Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Morris Lake  (Read 16038 times)

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
Re: Morris Lake
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 03:44:03 PM »

It is against the law to harass wildlife! ;)

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 03:48:37 PM »

that's why you carry a slingshot.

You not I. :D

Mike D.

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 07:41:21 PM »

I wonder why 19 people know about this lake LOL its not a secret anymore guys.... ::) it sounds like those guys found the school of cutties I've been chasing on the harrison I wondered where they went  :P

steve.s.

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 08:22:30 PM »

I've flyfished there for 25 years or so.  One thing i have noticed about that place is the decline in cutthroat and salmon and the increase of ignorant fisherman. Fisherman who don't follow regulations as they should. 5 years ago I  witnessed pontooners carry coho salmon out of there and telling me they don't even know the name of where they are fishing . How does that work? I have'nt caught a hatchery coho there in 15 years so obviously these fish were most likely wild. In the freshwater salmon regulations supplement it states in the beginning "unless stated in these regulations the retention of salmon is zero' This includes hatchery salmon and only 2 hatchery trout are allowed ..This goes for all of the areas of the lower mainland unless they are in these seperate regs. Places like nicomen, stave, harrison, norrish etc are listed. I'm just venting of course but you would to if you watched a great fishery turn into an old macdonald whitefish farm.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 08:54:37 PM »

I think to some degree we can thank BCOutdoors magazine for publishing a cutty fry fishing article that featured none other than morris lake (complete with pictures).  I've spoken to a few guys that have fished it a long time and they couldn't believe it was pimped out like that, being such a small lake.  Paranoia?  Maybe but I doubt it.  More like simple cause and effect.  Its too bad but its why I think reports should be reserved for common fisheries....and the "unnamed" ones are fantastic too, they make me want to get out and explore.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 09:28:46 PM »

I WISH more people would post report WITHOUT names or areas.
Whenever I post a report on the Vedder I make sure there is no indication where I was fishing, keeps lurkers guessing.

It's too bad about this lake.
It was my first time there and a beautiful little lake.
We had been meaning to go for a good year and went to find that gong show.
I don't think its a coincidence, there were questions on it on this site and a few others.
I think these sites are a GREAT thing, but you have to admit they are drawing unethical people to places that can't handle it.

Don't believe me?
Next time you get a Steelhead drive it to another river (with a good landmark) take a pic and go back the next day.

All the fish we saw were a good 2 pound mostly.....
Not sure if that is normal? Only the locals were catching them I broke one off like I said.
The people using worms from shore got squat, prett sad when I can fly cast farther than they can spincast  ::)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 09:39:13 PM »

The hypocrisy continues.