Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dardanelles Lake and Rampart Lake  (Read 8786 times)

Driller

• Keeping it real.
Dardanelles Lake and Rampart Lake
« on: April 20, 2010, 08:39:22 AM »

I tried getting to both of these lakes last year.  I tried to get to Dardanelles pretty early in the season.  I think it was the first weekend in May.  Drove for several hours, but ended up back at Peterhope, where as it turned out the fishing was actually really good.  Rampart, was another wild goose chase.  Got directions from a buddy, but his Km's were wrong. He told me to turn off at the 12 km mark, but there is no 12 km mark, so I thought maybe he made a mistake and reversed the numbers, I drove to the 21 km mark, no road, back to the 20km, up to the 22, down a few roads, no fresh tire tracks to be found anywhere, big clear cuts, no lake. 

I'd like to give these lakes another try this year.  BOth sounded like they may provide some good fishing.  Anyone planning on going up there this year? 
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Easywater

• Old Timer
Re: Dardanelles Lake and Rampart Lake
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »

Both of those lakes should be good and have been on my hitlist for a couple of years.

I went to Plateau in Sept of 2008 and heard good things about Darndanelle.

I was going to hit Rampart a few years ago after the guy in the Princeton fishing shop recommended it but never made it.
There was some issue with a road being closed that made it difficult to get there.

Plateau was very hard to find - had to use a GPS and my electronic Backwoods map to get there.

Driller

• Keeping it real.
Re: Dardanelles Lake and Rampart Lake
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 10:16:21 PM »

Yeah the road called Rampart Lake Road, is not the road to the lake. What the frig is up with that?  I did that too.  It was bloacked by rocks.  I ended up at a huge lake, and with the big truck I had at the time, I crawled up a really crazy trail up and over the mountain and ended up on a logging road which brought me back to Princeton.  I found a neat little lake out in the middle of nowhere there which I fished, and found no evidence of any human traffic.  Caught nothing, but it sure was a wild trip.  Spent the night driving until 2 am.  Never found rampart, ended up at Kump.  Fishing was good at Kump.
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.