Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where to fish tomorrow? (trout - mar 26/2010)  (Read 4320 times)

FishOn36

Where to fish tomorrow? (trout - mar 26/2010)
« on: March 26, 2010, 12:44:19 PM »

I'm looking to do some trout fishing tomorrow, but I'm not sure where's producing right now. I've tried green timbers twice in the past week and didn't catch a thing, but did see one guy catch a nice 4lb brood stock fly fishing. Also, what kind of bait I should I be using now? I have a container of worms that need to be used up, as well as chartreuse powerbait trout nibbles, and orange powerbait paste. I've heard that the powerbait trout eggs hold up a bit better so I may pick up some of those. I'll most likely be fishing on shore, by boat is a possibility. Any ideas/suggestions?  

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
Re: Where to fish tomorrow? (trout - mar 26/2010)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 01:19:48 PM »

You could try Mill Lake.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 03:14:03 PM »

I don't believe the lakes have been stocked yet, just the 100 brood stock that have been deposited in Green Timbers and Mill lake.
I would say keep trying at Green Timbers, dont drive all the way to Mill unless you live near by. Try some different bait, or throw some spoons.

FishOn36

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 05:56:03 PM »

I don't believe the lakes have been stocked yet, just the 100 brood stock that have been deposited in Green Timbers and Mill lake.
I would say keep trying at Green Timbers, dont drive all the way to Mill unless you live near by. Try some different bait, or throw some spoons.

I don't think I'll be wasting any more time at Green Timbers, it's always been such a dead horse...besides last august when I was getting bullheads left right and center. Mill lake is a good 45 mins or so from where I am, but it might be worth trying I don't know  ???

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 06:22:50 PM »

As I mentioned in the stocking update thread, although lakes have not been stocked, they are all worth fishing.

Como and Lafarge in Coquitlam. Rice in North Vancouver. Sasamat in Port Moody. These ones are the best options for shore accessed fisheries.

Both Kawkawa Lake and Allouette Lake are producing kokanee, a boat is necessary.

Other boat accessed lakes for trout include Whonnock, Buntzen Lakes.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 06:50:03 PM »

Can't throw spoons at green timbers u'll never catch those fish never come in that close , and chartreuse power works sometimes but it can be out fish with raw prawns. worms suck .

I have caught and seen those brood stock caught on a 1/4oz croc.
flies have been popular lately

minnie-me

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 07:06:05 PM »

Rod,

Is there anywere we could find what lakes are planned for stocking this weekend?, do you have any insider info?

Cheers. ;D

rahmanjoy

• Red-Spring
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 08:24:04 PM »

[what kind of bait I should I be using now? I have a container of worms that need to be used up, as well as chartreuse powerbait trout nibbles, and orange powerbait paste. I've heard that the powerbait trout eggs hold up a bit better so I may pick up some of those. I'll most likely be fishing on shore]

Try the Rice Lake. Me and my friend always get action there. Use long leader 3lbs - 8/9' and your chartreuse power bait. If not working, try black woolly bugger fly with float - cast as far as you can and retrieve very slowly. Bang ... Bang.. fish on... always.
<><   <><   <><

FishOn36

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 08:45:13 PM »

Try the Rice Lake. Me and my friend always get action there. Use long leader 3lbs - 8/9' and your chartreuse power bait. If not working, try black woolly bugger fly with float - cast as far as you can and retrieve very slowly. Bang ... Bang.. fish on... always.

Have you been there lately?

rahmanjoy

• Red-Spring
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 09:06:34 PM »

Yes, every Saturday  ;D
Yesterday my fishing buddy went and  ;) his limit.
I will be there at 1.30 pm tomorrow
<><   <><   <><

ssd0904

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 10:31:11 PM »

Yes, every Saturday  ;D
Yesterday my fishing buddy went and  ;) his limit.
I will be there at 1.30 pm tomorrow

I have White Gulp Powerbait, Charteuse powerbait, and pink powerbait, what one should i use?
Also, how deep is the lake? And is there any decks or other special places to fish or just fish off the shore? Anywhere to park? Thanks
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 10:35:35 PM by ssd0904 »

rahmanjoy

• Red-Spring
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 10:41:40 PM »

I have White Gulp Powerbait, Chartreuse powerbait, and pink powerbait, what one should i use?

I always got success with the Lime, Chartreuse color Power Bait in Rice Lake. Two eggs at a time.
Use small #8 hook to help the bait float from the bottom. Trout tends to gulp all the bait. So be careful if you like to catch and release.
Don't use small hook if your intention is C & R.
Try to avoid the dock and explore a little further north.
Right now this lake trouts are surface feeding. Use at least (2 or 3 lbs) 9/10' leader.
Have fun.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 10:48:36 PM by rahmanjoy »
<><   <><   <><

fly fisher

• i fish roe roe and more roe
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 10:43:49 PM »

you  could try whonnock last time i was their they were rising all over the place.
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

ssd0904

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 10:53:32 PM »

Thx gus  ;D

ssd0904

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 10:55:52 PM »

I always got success with the Lime, Chartreuse color Power Bait in Rice Lake. Two eggs at a time.
Use small #8 hook to help the bait float from the bottom. Trout tends to gulp all the bait. So be careful if you like to catch and release.
Don't use small hook if your intention is C & R.
Try to avoid the dock and explore a little further north.
Right now this lake trouts are surface feeding. Use at least (2 or 3 lbs) 9/10' leader.
Have fun.

10 Feet? That's gonna be pretty hard to throw lol. Thanks for the info i might meet you tomarrow.