Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mill Lake March 26  (Read 2139 times)

slamman190

• here fishy fishy fishy...
    • Dan's Blog
Mill Lake March 26
« on: March 26, 2007, 10:18:40 AM »

I headed out to mill lake this morning for a few hours before class.  It was so nice out it was too much to resist.  Got there about 8 am and started fishing.  I was using a mepps spinner and fishing from the boardwalk.  I was using 6lb test line, thought it would make it more of challenge if I hooked into any "big" bows . 

Well After about thirty minutes I did hook into one of the big brooders, about 20 inches long.  I actually saw him following my spinner, and slowed down my retrieve to try and coax him into nailing it.  Well he did nail it.  Kind of.  It was a pretty lackadaisical take, , but whatever, I set the hook and away we went.  Kind of.  This fish had no fight in it whatsoever.  It thrashed around a bit, but I basically just reeled it straight in.  Even with the drag super low and 6lb line this fish did not take any line.  At this point I had a couple of spectators on the board walk, and was preparing to land the fish.  As I mentioned, I was on the boardwalk, and without a net of course.  So as I am leaning way over the railing trying to grab this fish, and the fish is dangling in air as I try and pull him up into reach.  As the fishing is dangling in the air, pop! Out comes the lure, and away goes the fish.    The spectators thought that I was an exciting spectacle, and I glad I was able to entertain them.  Maybe next time I will try and charge money for the show...

After that I had one more fish on briefly, another big brooder, but after a couple of headshakes he was away.  After about two hours I packed it in to get home and get ready for class.  Fishing should pick up after they stock the lake again, which apparently is coming up soon.   Still, a great morning with at least some success.

slamman190

• Dan's Blog
Re: Mill Lake March 26
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 01:22:16 PM »

were you one of the guys in a float tube?

I was there from about 8 to 9:45ish

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 01:53:26 PM »

sounds like you skipped a couple of classes. :D

slamman190

• Dan's Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 02:02:26 PM »

University...Class today started at 11:30   ;D

always nice to be able to have some hours in the morning to sleep or snooze. ;D

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 05:13:18 PM »

God you guys leave that lake for the kiddies and old timers to fish,,Do you really need to catch a fish that bad. ???
Another lake that should have an age restriction on it.

Don't start that debate again. Where do you fish Purple Haze? Do you really need to catch fish that bad? Maybe you should leave it for people that aren't Sh!tdisturbers.

J.G.

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 05:20:00 PM »

Leave it for the kids and seniors ! Mill should have an age restriction.

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 08:12:29 PM »

Goose poop and man gravey, what a wicked combination. Just ask Freak about his leaky waders.

As for the fish in Mill Lake - man that stuff is strickly catch and release only for me. It's 5 minutes from home and I can be in and out of there once or twice a day if I have the desire and time. I'm glad we have this little storm sewer drainage pond to fool around in.

Fishing is whatever you make it out to be - you can enjoy the full combat Vedder Coho/Spring fishery or Fraser combat Sockeye or peacefully floating around Mill lake soaking up sun- it's all good.

When I'm on Mill Lake I couldn't care less if I catch anything or not - I just like being out there.

And yes, the oldtimers bonk their fish - good on them - they can eat as many as they like as their years are numbered anyway. I sure as heck wouldn't want to feed those fish to my family, that's for sure.

slamman190

• Dan's Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 10:22:11 PM »

Fishing is supposed to be fun, and its great when you only have few hours to be able to drive 5 minutes and do some fishing.

Any fishing is better than none.    IF you want to change the regs phone your mla, till then, happy fishing.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 07:54:11 AM »

mill lake should not have a age restriction , 75% of the people that fish there dont keep em anyway
weeeeeeeeeow!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 08:56:32 AM »

mill lake should not have a age restriction , 75% of the people that fish there dont keep em anyway

IMO NO  Lake should have an age restriction !

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 12:24:59 PM »

IMO NO  Lake should have an age restriction !

I think everyone already knows what you think ;)

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

bcguy

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 08:22:57 PM »

Age restrictions...age restrictions...blah...blah...blah, its not and I like it because its close , and I can head there for a couple hours after work and just relax. Was there last night in my little put put boat on a beautiful spring evening, watching the fish rising and rolling, some launching themselves completely out of the water for that succulant bug, and decided at that time a fly was in order. So I trolled a 52 buick dead slow with a couple little tugs here and there and they were all over it. Got one to the boat and the next couple threw the hook in mid air. Released the one and enjoyed a spectacular, warm spring evening. Cheers :D
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 09:19:24 PM »

Age restrictions...age restrictions...blah...blah...blah, its not and I like it because its close , and I can head there for a couple hours after work and just relax. Was there last night in my little put put boat on a beautiful spring evening, watching the fish rising and rolling, some launching themselves completely out of the water for that succulant bug, and decided at that time a fly was in order. So I trolled a 52 buick dead slow with a couple little tugs here and there and they were all over it. Got one to the boat and the next couple threw the hook in mid air. Released the one and enjoyed a spectacular, warm spring evening. Cheers :D

sounds like a perfect day on the lake !!  :)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!