Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Proud new owner of a new fly set-up!!  (Read 5432 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Proud new owner of a new fly set-up!!
« on: March 30, 2007, 09:54:44 PM »

Well, stopped in at Berry's today to pick up my Drift rod, but the thing is, don't really need it right now...... so I wondered if I could do a deal on something I do need.  To make a long story short, Berry's went out of there way in my opinion and I have a real nice 8 weight real (Kamloops MC Large arbor Disc Drag), SA Mastery series 8 weight floating, a new fly case and some minnow patterns, along with my new license and steelhead tag!!  Tomorrow, thanks to a good friend, I am picking up a Dragon Fly 8 weight to match it.  Sunday, I get to test it all out.  Really pumped about it and thanks to Berry's and a good guy Jamie for helping me get this set-up.  Now if I could only catch a fish, that would be awesome!! ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Re: Proud new owner of a new fly set-up!!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 11:03:24 PM »

There's nothing better than adding to the collection ;D.  Unfortunately, getting gear is like an appetite.  You'r only full until someone puts another sweet looking plate of food in front of you. 

Pretty soon many of us will be looking for the Jenny Craig of fishing gear.    Have fun with it.... and don't rush the back cast!!

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 01:28:56 AM »

Picking up a new rod and reel over the weekend! Coho setup! 7wt dragonfly rod and reel combo.
Fish killer 101

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 01:42:33 AM »

Enjoy it. Fishing the fly is an art. And when you do land one on the fly you will be hooked forever

Lumps

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 02:57:10 AM »

Just picked up a Sage VT2 #7 and a G Loomis Eastfork to go with it! Nothing better than new gear.
Best 4 wheel drive I ever had was a company 2 wheel drive.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 05:04:47 PM »

Just picked up a Sage VT2 #7 and a G Loomis Eastfork to go with it! Nothing better than new gear.
Agreed!!!  Now I am totally ready, Darryl at Reaction made me up a versa tip system today which includes a floating tip for indicator fishing, a mini tip and type 4-14 sinking tips!!  Not to mention my fly collection is getting pretty decent as well, thanks to Berry's, a great guy by the name of Jamie, Darryl and the good old Freak!!! :D ;D

Zpg

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 05:12:21 PM »

Nice set-up! Congrats. I'm totally envious about you heading out tomorrow! Good Luck.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

Jamison Jay

• shh....I'm hiding
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 10:12:50 PM »

Man you got some goofy looking flies in that box,look at the size of some of them. You trying to scare the fish onto shore ;D

J.G.

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 12:09:35 AM »

Ed Ward's Intruder has been one of the best steelhead flies ever invented. They make fish bite!
Man you got some goofy looking flies in that box,look at the size of some of them. You trying to scare the fish onto shore ;D

Jamison Jay

• shh....I'm hiding
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 05:27:03 PM »

Hey J.G. just poking a little fun because some of the big uglies in that box were from me, namely the big 'ol orange and purple intruders ;D I've got intruders tied in over a dozen different ways ;)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 05:54:37 PM »

Hey J.G. just poking a little fun because some of the big uglies in that box were from me, namely the big 'ol orange and purple intruders ;D I've got intruders tied in over a dozen different ways ;)
Jamie, what are you doing hiding under a different name?  I had no ideal who the Jamison Jay beek was mocking my favorite flys, and wasn't quite sure how to react to it!! ;D :D ;D :D

Jamison Jay

• shh....I'm hiding
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 09:00:38 AM »

Not hiding, just can't figure out how to change my name to the one most would recognize.  ;D