Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Waders  (Read 6562 times)

kingpin

• Old Timer
Re: Waders
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 08:20:41 PM »

my simms guides are falling apart after one season. my riversheds are being refelted now and are in great condition after 2 years.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

n8

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 10:22:55 PM »

funny thing about gear is the CHEAPER the gear I buy, the BETTER it works for me... that's just how it's turned out over the years. My Blackwaters leaked at the crotch seam and wore out behind my leg above the boot line after about a month so that sucked bigtime.. had to aqua seal the SH** out of them. they're fine now... I also have the Freestone boots and they're super comfy except for the fact that they're kinda heavy... I really wanna try the Patagonia Riverwalker boots. They are SUPER light.

diels

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 11:38:52 AM »

A buddy of mine has the redington waders and has gone through about five in a year, yes they keep relacing them but they also have weak seams.  Not the first guy I have seen with this problem either.

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 12:39:02 PM »

My Bare Blackwater 2's are awesome,also have the matching coat, love it too, no complaints at all. As far as wading boots go....I found a brand new pair of Hodgemans in the thrift store for $7.00. never used and my size ;D ;D They'll do until they fall apart ;)