Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seaworms  (Read 2529 times)

ssd0904

Seaworms
« on: March 23, 2010, 06:51:56 PM »

Is seamworms in Belcarra? I wanna use them as baits because theere's no mussles or clams i dont think.

itosh

• I EAT llamas!
Re: Seaworms
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 07:02:45 PM »

If you are going there anyways, flip a rock and I'm sure you will be able to answer your own question! ::) ::)

Shane

ssd0904

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »

Im not im deciding which pier to go between many local piers but i guess White Rock is my best choice now.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 07:24:35 PM »

Go at low tide and find a spot close to the water with mixed mud/sand and rock, and flip a rock.  They will be closest to the surface of the sand there but you will have to dig quickly.  Sea worms are a much better bait than clams or mussels anyways and there are plenty out in white rock.  Don't forget to look on the bottom of the rock that you flip over and take care not to crush all the little shore crabs underneath :) Watch your fingers too, the big sea worms pack a nasty bite.

ssd0904

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 07:31:02 PM »

Ok so no info about Belcarra i guess White Rock is the cleanest and there's plenty of other baits that Belcarra dont have and they have better Crab fishing, DEFINATELY WHITE ROCK! Thanks, but would fishing be ok at low tide?

canso

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 08:59:37 PM »

reach under the dock and grab a big clump of mussles, you should find sea worms in the clumps of mussles.
at low tide there is only 10' of water under the floating dock and somtime you can see bottom.  I take the kids there and we only ever catch bullheads and the odd dogfish, they feel like monsters on the noodle rods.

ssd0904

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 09:01:55 PM »

Oh so when i went the first time was the low tide. I even saw a flounder swimming on the low tide that day. I was pretty amazed. So i guess low tide fishing is not that bad?

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 12:06:28 AM »

You can get crab there at low tide although high slack is almost always best, besides a weak moving tide...which I have always had the most luck on. 

For sole I'd wait for a high tide although if you're seeing some at a low tide, chances are there are many more that you're not seeing so that's probably worth a go as well. 

If you go on a weekend just be prepared for an onslaught of questioning by tourists... they are relentless :)

dmocchi

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 12:52:39 PM »

I know that Im heading offcourse......But instead of starting a new thread......Anyone know where I can go for large Pile Perch here in he lower mainland (without taking a ferry), and during which season??????Thanx

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 01:16:16 PM »

I know that Im heading offcourse......But instead of starting a new thread......Anyone know where I can go for large Pile Perch here in he lower mainland (without taking a ferry), and during which season??????Thanx

Only places I know (with any consistency) require a ferry ride.

dmocchi

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 10:47:49 PM »

Oh please elaborate informed one ;D