Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oct 1 ,,Chiliwack R.  (Read 6352 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Oct 1 ,,Chiliwack R.
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2005, 10:07:21 PM »

Guess the old mentality that "it won't happen to me" applies

pawnbroker

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 01:26:11 AM »

well, if you read my story everything in my vehicle was covered up and in no way could you see anything. my bow was in a box about 3 inches thick and covered under some old dog blankets.the only way you could see it is if you got in and threw everything out of the way..does that answer your question fishfreak?

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 10:33:20 AM »

well, every theif is expecting you to cover stuff up....you have to think like a theif to beat a theif...if you saw a blanket in a car, wouldnt the first thing you think be "i wonder whats under that blanket, must be expensive if theyre covering it up?"  Its pretty easy to look at a blanket and tell if there is something under it, regardless of how sneakily you cover it up.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2005, 11:53:17 AM »

Quite an unfortunate event, we shouldn't have to worry about our belongings when we are fishing. Anyways, I agree with Marmot. When I fish the Vedder, the only things that stay in the car are a pair of shoes and the cooler.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2005, 12:27:50 PM »

yeah....the only thing i leave in my car is a box of kleenex and an empty tim hortons double double coffee cup.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2005, 02:41:05 PM »

I dunno....you'd better watch out for me,  leaving a Tim Hortons double double in the car! Im no theif, but i think i'd chew through the sheetmetal for a timmys fix! ;)

Nostro

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2005, 03:17:45 PM »

With the good fishing returning to the Vedder/Chilliwack system, you will see more break-ins. Already, as mentioned, Lickman and other areas have evidence of recent break-ins.
Your experience and anger is shared by all of us, Pawnbroker. I know what it feels like. And most break-ins are so senseless. The damage is usually more costly than the stolen items. I say usually, but not in this case. Sorry, Pawnbroker. :( :( :( :(
The City of Chilliwack enjoys a huge financial benefit from the thousands of fishers visiting that area most all and every year. It's time the City put back some of the money it makes off of these visitores!
The parking and security facilities for the popular fishing areas suck. There should be better security, such as lighting, cameras and increased patrols of these areas.
Those who are concerned, should write/phone Clint Hanes, the Mayor of Chilliwack @
City of Chilliwack
8550 Young Road
Chilliwack, BC
Canada
V2P 8A4
Phone: 604-792-9311
Fax: 604-795-8443
Never look a fish in the eye.

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2005, 03:36:22 PM »

I'd even pay parking fees just to see atleast some patroling and or maybe cameras added to the most popular parking lots..

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2005, 03:49:07 PM »

Clint HAMES is the correct spelling.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2005, 04:07:56 PM »

Cameras and lights wont make a lick of difference guys...its the perfect place for a criminal to break into your car because people that park there are gone for hours.  Dirtbags steal stuff whether there are cameras or not,they just throw on a ball cap or pull up the hoody...., and all the theft that happens during the day should be evidence enough that lights wont help...  if you make it seem more "secure" people will just start keeping more stuff in their cars, and this will just add to the problem.  Just dont keep crap in your car! Its that easy!  Anybody that lives in Vancouver should know this!

sliverbullet

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2005, 05:15:51 PM »

wow that would really sucks next time ill know not to leave valubles in cars or trucks while fishin
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 05:55:07 PM by Rodney »

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2005, 08:22:22 PM »

sorry to hear about your bad luck. this is an ongoing problem every year during fishing season. too bad we could not catch one of these little punks and make an example of him ;D ;D maybe a bait car again this year with a stick of tnt hooked up to the door  :D :D open door and wham no more punk 8) :o. oh well just dreaming as we fishermen are law abiding citizens ;D

Hiker

• I'm a good llama!
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2005, 08:33:46 PM »

Sorry for your loss.
I think that what we all could do is never leave anything in our car, and mail politicians. I drive an old bitten car, never have anything left in it, but few smaller items like a map, shamie, kleenex, ... and still my car was broken into, and road map was stollen. Luckily they managed to open the door without braking the window, so there was no damage. I just couldn't believe, somebody would risk getting cought breaking ina  very old car that had only road map and cleenex box visible in it.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2005, 08:43:54 PM »

Sorry guys/gals, I'm a newby here. I'll attach some photos from last year as soon as I get the hang of this.   BR

pawnbroker

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2005, 08:48:03 PM »

this case was just a little different, i thought i would enjoy a little bit of hunting and then go and enjoy some fishing, like i said previously , in no way could you see the bow or anything unless you actually got into the Explorer and started tossing things around, the dog blankets are old and chewed and dirty and i didn't spread them out to look like they were covering something, they were bunched up and just lying there on top. 26 years i have enjoyed the Veddar/ Chiliwack R. fishing and this is the first time that this happened to me personally. I fished today,  Oct 3 (and i might add it was fantastic fishing!) and ran into a gentlemen by the name of Ken who also had his truck broken into at Tamahi bridge Sat night, the S.O.B. got his rod and gear! so this punk started up river and checked vehicles all the way down to who knows where! it is just a matter of time before we catch him. and like i also said earlier , his days are now numbered that he stole my stuff..and when i catch him he will pay dearly by me and the police! but first and foremost BY ME!