Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing Charges Dropped Against SDA Chairman  (Read 6385 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Re: Fishing Charges Dropped Against SDA Chairman
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2004, 05:29:49 PM »

Thanks to both Chris and JP for the kind words, and YES Chris, that support is heartfelt. I do hope this current travesty comes to an end, before the stocks do! & I do admire the front-line folks like Bill working to that end.

We have a very similiar, albiet proportionally smaller problem of the same nature here. The shocking and very disturbing result this year was the near-decimation of summer run steel. The latest check on the numbers show just a tad less than 300 of these poor buggers through the counters, waaaay down from 2,500+  :( Hope they learn before it's too late, but in the case of Stamp summer's, that point may just have been crossed  :( >:( :(
Damn good thing for the winters there's nothing for the Government-supported and therefore uncontollable sector to fish for at that time of year!

Yes, JP, the fellow was trolling on that site, and I'd say he hooked one he wasn't prepared for. Me. BTW: There was some interesting comeback...

Keep up the good work! It IS sincerely appreciated.

Cheers,
Nog

« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 07:04:50 PM by IronNoggin »

rerigger

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2004, 07:03:59 PM »

they won't learn
because they can't learn
polls are more important than fact
how the poll scews the numbers is irrelevant
we are governed by eunichs
sad but true
even sadder canada is not alone
to many othe countries are even worse

Hiker

• I'm a good llama!
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2004, 11:47:21 PM »

I am no law expert but I am wondering if law was broken by DFO droping the charges. It isn't like somebody hit me in the face, I changed my mind later and decided to drop charges. Aren't they obligated to enforce the law, and if somebody drops charges without legal explanation, wouldn't that person be breaking the law. How about a prosecutor not wanting to charge a killer because that would endarge his position as he is a relative of a very important politician? Shouldn't there be a way to make a person who decided to drop charges accountable? Otherwise there is no end with this kind of stuff. I am not at all sure if this is possible but hope Bill have layers available who could help him with this.

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2004, 07:24:16 PM »

thats a damn good point hiker
worth looking into sda
cnm
president of the HANEY HOOKERS SOCIETY