Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone tried the Simms G3 convertible waders?  (Read 1227 times)

bigblue

• Old Timer
Anyone tried the Simms G3 convertible waders?
« on: January 09, 2012, 07:54:46 AM »

I am thinking of getting one for my summer/fall fishing and would appreciate any feedback.

typhoon

• Old Timer
Re: Anyone tried the Simms G3 convertible waders?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 09:32:21 AM »

I have been using them for the past 2 seasons and they are great. Seams on the front and back of the leg instead of the sides make them much less likely to develop a leak. Very comfortable and I don't think twice about bushwacking because they are so well built. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.
The convertible part is a bit annoying since the velcro attachments seem to slip quite often but it really doesn't impact the usage, and it is nice to be able to slide the belly portion down while driving from spot to spot.

bigblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 09:56:42 AM »

I was originally thinking of buying a pants wader but thought it would be nice to have an option to lengthen it if I need to cross deeper water. In summer and fall I rarely if ever wade deep so I would wear as pants wader. The sliping velcro attachment you are referring to, is between the shoulder strap and extendable portion? As long as the wading belt velcro does not slip, I don't think that should affect my usage. Thanks for the comments.

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 10:05:36 AM »

Yes, the velcro is high on the shoulder strap. The wading belt never slips.