Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New video: Steelhead  (Read 12212 times)

Flybob

Re: New video: Steelhead
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2019, 07:13:43 PM »

Another great video Rod , beautiful fish , well edited , nice release......
Keep em coming , enjoy them all......don’t ever let the odd ‘turd’ reply every slow down your video posts’

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2019, 10:03:54 PM »

Thanks Flybob! Don't worry, the videos will keep on coming. ;)

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2019, 10:40:32 PM »

As far as your background is...??? Your Chinese that is obvious.
As far as Christianity goes it was only brought in after GordJ brought it up in his mocking.
Taiwanese, I thought. The Chinese would say "same thing"; the Taiwanese not so much! :)

I didn't see GordJ as mocking. He was just pointing out the incongruence of your being a Christ-follower and the seeming lack of compassion or mercy for homeless folks. It was a fair comment, I thought.

And, even if he was mocking, I wouldn't get too hung up over it. God doesn't need defending on fishing websites.

Hold it, there was a steelhead video...? :) I loved overhead view of the float plunging, the hookset, the fish twisting, the jump, and the run. Cool.

Flybob

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2019, 06:41:25 AM »

Go fishing already......

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2019, 08:16:47 AM »

Everyone shut up and go fishing! The weather is nice and it’s a long weekend! Lol

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2019, 09:00:05 AM »

Another great video Rod.

As for A__hat-boater...

All of the cities and towns along our beautiful waterways and shores in this province and across north america were started by the homeless.
The ORIGINAL (FN) land holders are still not impressed.

Just say'n

arimaBOATER

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2019, 10:15:30 AM »

As far as your background is...??? Your Chinese that is obvious.
That remark was to wonder how straight forward my first reply was on this trend was but somehow a person had to find something negative to say about it. It snowballed from there with 2 other members adding in their negativity.
As far as Christianity goes it was only brought in after GordJ brought it up in his mocking.
As the world turns....

As far as the discussion area of FWR I'll bar myself from it. 
You revealed where you stand & true to yourself.
I'm true to myself. We agree to disagree.

EDIT IN: I may ban myself from Discussion Forum but...will read topics within & view vids  ;)
Good info & contribution by many members here.  :)

EDIT IN: #2 as for all of you thinking I do not care about homeless/people ...
You are plainly assuming  ;D bum U Me ...yep when ya assume you make an Bum out of you & me.
It's true Christians ( sincere ones in the faith ) that are behind World Vision...The 700 Club has a branch that cares for the young kids..orphanages all over the world ..( Operation Blessing ) there's other Christian groups building water wells all over the world...yes so families do not have to drink dirty water..
Gospel Missions are downtown helping shelter & feed...Salvation Army helps the homeless drug addicts..
My point is a big centre should be built to help all the homeless from Vancouver to Hope so no homeless camps need to exist like the Dream Centre in LA which I mentioned in prior post.
If a homeless camp existed next to any FWR member ( will not mention names ) they would scream I am positive of that...that a centre be built !!!!
Lastly I give $$$ that in part also helps the homeless ...
Over $1000 yearly so ...anything else to say about bad oh me ??? Not caring ... Do not assume.
Plus another $1000 in other donations... I'm not Jim Pattison but I do try to do my part. 
God bless all of you finger pointers yahoos anyways  ;D
EDIT IN: #3  big fish nice of ya to say. But no we are only forgiven.  Forgiven people stay humble as it's a gift. We did not earn it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 05:42:23 PM by A-BOATER »

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2019, 01:05:55 PM »

Yes A-boat, Christians are God’s gift to mankind and planet earth 🤣

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2019, 03:22:10 PM »

Taiwanese, I thought. The Chinese would say "same thing"; the Taiwanese not so much! :)

That's right, we are the bad guys. ;D

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2019, 10:08:31 PM »

Go fishing already......
Good suggestion! This was the only fish to hand today.

The killer part was coming across a large number of cutthroat that were crashing in a small piece of water where I was fishing. I think they were feeding on mayflies, but all I had were streamers and small spoons, and they were completely disinterested.  That won't happen again!