Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis  (Read 5607 times)

Paulo

Chehalis
« on: October 30, 2012, 05:14:05 PM »

Hello, I was wondering if anyone new the water conditions of the Chehalis going into this evening? Was planning to head out tomorrow but my spidey senses say blown out or close to it. Thanks, Paul.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Chehalis
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 05:15:40 PM »

Blown out this morning when I conversed with the hatchery staff, but could be different by this afternoon.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 05:16:29 PM »

Brown and high. With close to 30 mm of rain forecast over night it's not going to get any better.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Paulo

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 08:19:54 PM »

Think I'll go Thursday. Thanks for the responses.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 08:26:48 PM »

Judging by the forecast its not going to drop for a couple weeks as its not going to stop raining for a while. But if you wanna go have run and be sure to let us know how it was.

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 09:38:40 PM »

crazy waves of hoes movin

minnie-me

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 09:36:32 PM »

the only crazy waves today was the water...that river is ripping...high fast and stong with water flowing through the bushes. Good luck you'll need it...save your gas money unless you need to fill up your gas tank, gas out there was 118.9 :(

wait a minute...you'll need to fill up your gas tank after that drive, LMAO :D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:40:40 PM by minnie-me »

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 10:28:48 AM »

If you do decide to venture out that way be very careful. Two weeks ago I sunk into a quick-sand pit to above my waist. I couldn't move my legs at all and my fishing partner an I were forced to dig the sand around my legs out by hand. This took quite a while as the water was moving through where I was and was pushing more sand into where I was stuck. Eventually I got out, but with the water rising I could have been in big trouble, especially if I was alone. With river rising and falling continually this is bound to happen in many areas.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 10:31:17 AM »

Good advice, there's a lot of cut banks too which are very unstable with all the constant changes in water levels.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 12:44:55 PM »

If you do decide to venture out that way be very careful. Two weeks ago I sunk into a quick-sand pit to above my waist. I couldn't move my legs at all and my fishing partner an I were forced to dig the sand around my legs out by hand. This took quite a while as the water was moving through where I was and was pushing more sand into where I was stuck. Eventually I got out, but with the water rising I could have been in big trouble, especially if I was alone. With river rising and falling continually this is bound to happen in many areas.

That's terrifying dude, glad you're ok!  :-[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 02:29:04 PM »

Thats why I donot fish the areas you venture to.  :-X

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 05:32:14 PM »

it's happened to me a couple of times...good thing you brought it up to make people aware of the unforeseen dangers, especially for those venturing out in unfamiliar territory.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 06:31:17 PM »

water looks great, i would say 3-4ft. wont last though with the forecast coming. water very high. wouldnt recommend anyone exploring alone. take what people are saying seriously.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 06:32:53 PM by bigblockfox »

Chehalis_Steel

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 03:04:01 PM »

River is really temperamental...like always. One day you can limit out in an hour and then the next day there isn't a fish to be had anywhere. Not worth the drive unless you're willing to do a lot of exploring and experimenting to see what times are best IMO.

crazypop

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 03:15:24 PM »

Walked alot. Found some nice areas. Watch out for slippery banks into the side runs...