Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder, March 30th  (Read 979 times)

Gooey

• Old Timer
Vedder, March 30th
« on: March 31, 2007, 08:23:04 PM »

My dad and I got out today, its been about 3-4 weeks since I last got out so I was itching.  I was a little worried with the poor reports early in the week and the lack of water or fishing reports for the tail end of the week but the weather report called for a nice day so we thought what the heck.

Well it turned out to be a good choice.  I got into another 2 fish today...one that was maybe 15lbs and chrome...it snapped me off in the fast water.  12lb leader was no match for this bullet.  The other fish was a nice 7 lb buck.  as it was a hatchery and in good shape, I put the second fish (and last) of the season on my tag.  so this season, I took 5 trips...first 3 blanked and 2 on both of the last 2 trips.  Better than previous years so I cant complain. 

My last 4 fish have al sucumb to the exact same presentation so I am disappointed to see the season coming to an end just as I have found a magic bullet so to speak.

Water was crappy in where we started (6-8 inches of vis) but I lucked into one and tailed one for another guy.  the other fish was hooked in the upper end in 4 feet of vis...like I said, both on the same bait and 12lb leader...I think a well placed bait will get a strike regardless of what the actual bait is.

Good luck tomorrow gang - picture to follow.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Vedder, March 30th
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 09:09:42 PM »

Pretty good odss overall Gooey.
Nice way to finish off the old licence. ;)