Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: had a great day at Stave On Sunday  (Read 2448 times)

Slippery When Wet

• One Wild Night
had a great day at Stave On Sunday
« on: June 29, 2004, 08:36:52 PM »

Sorry this is a bit late but I've been busy the last couple days doing house work ;) Anyways went to stave Near the dam. There was a few people already there. Soon there are two good sized rainbows pulled up by two different fishermen. Bites slowed down aq bit and I'[m thinking "This is gonna be a long day" when my float sinks. I set the hook to find a nice fish on the other end. Couple minutes and i got that fish up on shore. It was an 18 inch fat squafish. Little later I get a few more the same size. Also caught a few rainbows and some smaller squas. Nearing 3 in the afternoon the bites stopped pretty much. All i got after that was a sculpin type thing. Great day out on the Stave. Next week will be heading out for some Springs :)
"It's My Life, And It's Now Or Never. Cause I Ain't Gonna Live Forever, I Just Wanna Live While I'm Alive" lyrics by BON JOVI.

otto

Re:had a great day at Stave On Sunday
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 08:42:37 PM »

awesome report BonJovifisherman!!! i have'nt been out to the stave lake in two years!!! can't wait to get out there

Slippery When Wet

• One Wild Night
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 08:46:49 PM »

Otto, I was fishing the River. I've never been to Stave Lake. Good luck and happy fishing.
"It's My Life, And It's Now Or Never. Cause I Ain't Gonna Live Forever, I Just Wanna Live While I'm Alive" lyrics by BON JOVI.

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 11:16:33 PM »

How do you fish this lake?  Is it from the shore, or using a boat.  Do you need a big boat?  I have a little inflatable, would that do?

The_Roe_Man

• I like ROE!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 07:06:19 PM »

I havn't fished stave lake before but i hear it can be quit dangerous for motor boats as a result of deadheads.
I like ROE

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 10:18:29 AM »

Sorry this is a bit late but I've been busy the last couple days doing house work ;) Anyways went to stave Near the dam. There was a few people already there. Soon there are two good sized rainbows pulled up by two different fishermen. Bites slowed down aq bit and I'[m thinking "This is gonna be a long day" when my float sinks. I set the hook to find a nice fish on the other end. Couple minutes and i got that fish up on shore. It was an 18 inch fat squafish. Little later I get a few more the same size. Also caught a few rainbows and some smaller squas. Nearing 3 in the afternoon the bites stopped pretty much. All i got after that was a sculpin type thing. Great day out on the Stave. Next week will be heading out for some Springs :)

springcreekprams.com, ok, you fished the river not the lake.  Did you wade in?

Slippery When Wet

• One Wild Night
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 06:05:30 PM »

no I did not wade into the river.