Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 82670 times)

LP89CG

Fished a huge hole today. Possibly from the extractions that happened. It might have been the deepest spot on the river  ;)

had something of decent size make a splash... but thats about all I seen. I hope I can get to the hole again after rain... I had to wade into some knee deep water, no big deal but it was moving pretty fast.

brad7

Was fishing mid today tons of springs hooked, I hooked two spring jacks landed one and dad caught a wild little coho jack and saw one other coho jack landed. Roe is the ticket.

Funeral Of Hearts

Also please donot ask for rain as once it starts it never stops and the fish as I have said many times before just race through the system. If you follow what Rod has posted you can catch them in the conditions you have now. First light and at day's end the best if you are fishing in a manner to make fish bite. ??? ::)

I agree. Im loving the sunshine.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

The Leaf Mobile after many days of fishing the Thompson River and hunting along her shores is now anxious to turn her wheels towards the Vedder River. The Maple Leaf Drennan wants to dip down too as she could not fish the Thompson because of her fragile construction with the ML DNE getting all the action. ???

Anyway the LM talked me into taking a trip near dark to check things out in the Vedder.

It also gave me an opportunity to place 2 garbage bags by KWB and one in the Salwein gravel pit, companions for the 2 that are at the entrance to the BC Hydro Bridge, year round.

The Leaf Mobile reminded me that people must keep these areas clean as she is afraid her wheels will not traverse these areas if people continue to abuse the riparian zones with dumping,. She is pleased the Chilliwack Vedder Cleanup Society works with the City to keep these access areas open for her and not get close like the Abbostford side of the Canal. :-X

While the LM rested her driver took a walk and saw the remnants of some fresh chinnok salmon kills that encouraged this walker.

A few tins were removed, enough for a coffee but very little garbage was found which was pleasing. The low water was noted but not enough for the LM, Maple Leaf Drennan to visit her at first light.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 09:28:10 PM by chris gadsden »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Made my first trip to the Vedder without sucess well a couple of floats and some tins. For some photos I have put tem up on the FVSS facebook page.  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fraser-Valley-Salmon-Society/111769675563789?sk=photos

I wish Rod will make it that simple here too.lol

Will try "The Blue Cup" run tomorrow
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:52:46 PM by chris gadsden »

fisher man

In My opinion the river is in mint condition. Had a blast today, so much water to fish and not a sole around!

FishingKing

Fished the vedder all day today, from canal up to Borden creek. Tons of springs all looking fresh. A few Cohos seen caught by other anglers.

clarki

• Old Timer

The Leaf Mobile after many days of fishing the Thompson River and hunting along her shores is now anxious to turn her wheels towards the Vedder River. The Maple Leaf Drennan wants to dip down too as she could not fish the Thompson because of her fragile construction with the ML DNE getting all the action. ???

Anyway the LM talked me into taking a trip near dark to check things out in the Vedder.

It also gave me an opportunity to place 2 garbage bags by KWB and one in the Salwein gravel pit, companions for the 2 that are at the entrance to the BC Hydro Bridge, year round.

The Leaf Mobile reminded me that people must keep these areas clean as she is afraid her wheels will not traverse these areas if people continue to abuse the riparian zones with dumping,. She is pleased the Chilliwack Vedder Cleanup Society works with the City to keep these access areas open for her and not get close like the Abbostford side of the Canal. :-X

While the LM rested her driver took a walk and saw the remnants of some fresh chinnok salmon kills that encouraged this walker.

A few tins were removed, enough for a coffee but very little garbage was found which was pleasing. The low water was noted but not enough for the LM, Maple Leaf Drennan to visit her at first light.

Interesting to note the anthropomorphic qualities of your vehicle and fishing floats. Curious...and a little scary too :)

Ezio

• vedder sucks tell your friends.

I honestly don't know what goes through people's heads, I decided to go for a bike ride to the vedder just now, and as of posting this message at 3:58am there is someone fishing, I'm standing on KWB, looking down and I can see him standing and casting away... What is wrong with people. ???

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Interesting to note the anthropomorphic qualities of your vehicle and fishing floats. Curious...and a little scary too :)
 defination of anthropomorphic suggesting human characterist.

The Leaf Mobile says she likes this. ??? ;D ;D

We are off to the Vedder shortly and hope for the first fish of the season, report later.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 05:45:32 AM by chris gadsden »

FishingKing

I honestly don't know what goes through people's heads, I decided to go for a bike ride to the vedder just now, and as of posting this message at 3:58am there is someone fishing, I'm standing on KWB, looking down and I can see him standing and casting away... What is wrong with people. ???

people are crazy, I got their at 530am to wait for firt light yesterday and there were at least 20 people already fishing. Gonna head their again. now I'll post updates

Drewhill

Fish aren't awake at that time. They just stumbled home from the bar drunk, banged another drunk fish they picked up at last call and are passed out somewhere on the bottom of the river. Once first light hits they'll need some food for the hangover and that's when the bite starts.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...

Fish aren't awake at that time. They just stumbled home from the bar drunk, banged another drunk fish they picked up at last call and are passed out somewhere on the bottom of the river. Once first light hits they'll need some food for the hangover and that's when the bite starts.

LMAO!!!!!   ;D  ;D  ;D

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties

The fish that the snaggers get before daylight are the ones that are still staggering home. :P