Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seymour Report July 21st  (Read 1682 times)

No_way

Seymour Report July 21st
« on: July 23, 2005, 11:16:24 AM »

On the advice of Fish Assassin I decided to check out the Seymour river for Pinks.  I knew it was still a while early, but there has to be a first fish, I'd never been there, and it it was a hot sunny day.  What other reasons do I need?

Well, there does have to be a first fish, but it was not that day.  I arrived a 16:30hrs and planned to stay late for the high water.  I was the only angler there.  When I got there it was salad city.  Every cast was covered in algae.  So I sat, had a few smokes, a sandwich and some cucumber waiting for the water to clear up.  After the water did clear up it didn't make any difference. 

No fish, period.  I saw one fish jump, but that could have been anything.  I lost a brand new Zzinger on the first cast and a small pink croc some time later.  It is a very unforgiving bottom there  :'(

So, in conclusion: the pinks are not in yet.  But on the upside, I had some nice weather, good sandwiches, got to go to a new place, and made it home in time for Jeopardy.  Should have brought more lemonaide though, it was HOT!

Later folks, keep waiting.

shrek

• I'm a llama!
Re: Seymour Report July 21st
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 01:44:59 PM »

I am working on the dollorton bridge and have yet to see any movement in the river.  The water is gin clear so I am waiting for the first ones to start showing. 

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 02:32:18 PM »

I was there yesterday and only saw three hungry seals cruising around looking for dinner. Still a bit early yet but anyday now !

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 08:23:12 PM »

i am also keeping watch around nordel river road area for the pinks on the low tide. nothing just seals and some herons. still early but then again its not a typical fishing season so far.

glycine

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 09:50:12 PM »

hmhmhm..
if there r seals... salmons too.. i think..

allwaysfishin

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2005, 12:04:53 AM »

pinks aren't due till mid august in the fraser as per a normal season. the seals are munchin on springs and sockeye.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 12:25:22 AM »

The seals are going to starve to death if they're hoping for a sockeye feast at the Seymour. ;D