Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vancouver local lakes?  (Read 3866 times)

Yopesco

Vancouver local lakes?
« on: June 17, 2004, 10:14:02 PM »

Does anybody know how the local lakes are doing these days? Went to Sasamat yesterday early morning and no a single bite in three hours.  No many fishes moving anyway. Tried float fishing deep, shallow, with worms, powerbait, eggs, also spoons, spiners and NADA, NIENTE, ZIP, ZERO >:( >:( >:(
Nobody else fishing there, is there something that I don't know but evrybody else does?
What is happening in the other usual suspects (Buntzen, Rice, etc)?

Yopesco

otto

Re:Vancouver local lakes?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 11:14:33 PM »

hahaha.....Yopesco.....you and i and countless others have been skunked lately, mostly due to the trout feeding on larvae on the bottom............ ;D ;D ;D ;D

daveg

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 12:34:44 AM »

try diverisfying your fishing methods and you will start catching them again. Hint: closely associated with feathers

Yopesco

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 06:44:05 AM »

Hey Haveg, do you mean going fishing dressed like for a north american indian ritual ceremony? ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, you are right, learning to flyfhish is in my near future priorities.

Interesting though that Otto sends me to the bottom and you to the surface ??? Are they everywhere but in the middle now, or is just that you guys have two different fishing schools and opinions?
Thanks to both of you guys.

Yopesco

otto

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 07:26:09 AM »

HA!!!!  i both fly fish, troll flys under a bobber, bait fish, lure fish etc etc.......my earlier post was based on (IMHO) my own experiences fishing these lakes. every trout that i have caught in the last few weeks has been stuffed with larvae, mostly dragonfly and others....................... ;D