Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caddis deluxe waders  (Read 2272 times)

bcguy

Caddis deluxe waders
« on: September 26, 2011, 09:15:27 AM »

Well with all things family in the house, my anticipated budget for new waders this year was just blown out of the water, and will have to get by with something 200 and under.
Was looking at the Caddis Deluxe waders in the Wholesalesports catalog

http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/fishing-apparel/waders-boots/stockingfoot-deluxe-breathable/prod278603.html

Anyone ever try these or heard anything about them.

Looks like the G3's get to wait another year ;D
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

KLX

Re: Caddis deluxe waders
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 11:35:35 AM »

my waders always leak at the neoprene sock to leg connection, which is a major issue to repair. I have never had a leak above the sock. maybe its the way i use them but i dont see how going to a more expensive wader will solve this. I even tried wearing a wool sock between my wading boots and waders for a season. still leaked. Im on my 4th pair in 2 years.

roseph

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 12:39:57 PM »

my waders always leak at the neoprene sock to leg connection, which is a major issue to repair. I have never had a leak above the sock. maybe its the way i use them but i dont see how going to a more expensive wader will solve this. I even tried wearing a wool sock between my wading boots and waders for a season. still leaked. Im on my 4th pair in 2 years.

have you tried switching boots?

sdpark

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 09:32:14 AM »

I own a pair of these waders and they are okay.  I bought them based on price point and fit - they were what fit the budget at the time.

I got mine in February and have fished quite a bit in both rivers and lakes (pontoon boat), fresh and salt, since then.  On the last few outings, I've noticed my fleece was wet behind my left knee.  I've made a couple of halfhearted attempts to locate the leak, but haven't discovered it yet.  I can't help but think I may have hooked myself one day out on the boat, but it might also be a leaky seam.

Somehow, I'm not really that disappointed about the leak.  I guess I knew I was buying something at an entry level price, so I expected entry level performance.  I know this isn't exactly a ringing endorsement, but its also not a strict condemnation.