Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alouette Lake  (Read 13383 times)

FishOn36

Re: Alouette Lake
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 08:48:37 PM »

The lake was really muddy lol.

I put on my waders to walk out a few feet to cast farther and i was in knee deep mud!

I see, that lake has a pretty soft bottom...was there anyone else there fishing there in boats? if so did they get anything?

Jace

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 10:21:35 PM »

Saw maby 4 on shore, one guy caught 4 decent rainbows bottom fishing.

saw around 3 boats when i was leaving, did not look to see if they were catching.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 10:27:44 PM »

Well I'm all set for the long weekend, have my inflatable and trolling motor good to go. Being that it is a big lake I won't venture too far away from the Gold Creek area, hopefully there will be some fishy success there resulting in kokanee dinner. Going to cure up some krill and set aside some trolling tackle as well. First camping trip of the year....although maybe I should call my Merrit trip in August my first real camping trip of the year.

FishOn36

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 10:35:09 PM »

Well I'm all set for the long weekend, have my inflatable and trolling motor good to go. Being that it is a big lake I won't venture too far away from the Gold Creek area, hopefully there will be some fishy success there resulting in kokanee dinner. Going to cure up some krill and set aside some trolling tackle as well. First camping trip of the year....although maybe I should call my Merrit trip in August my first real camping trip of the year.

Where abouts in Merritt are going?

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 10:38:08 PM »

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 09:51:15 PM »

Alouette Lake-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2tQ_mWOgsQ
I saw this a few days ago, I subscribe to his channel...lots of fun stuff to watch. it's exciting....wish I could stay at those boat access only campsites

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 09:52:54 PM »

Where abouts in Merritt are going?
I camp at the N'kwala forest recreation site..free..it's along the Nicola, but I've never caught anything along the camp ground. water is very very shallow and very warm last summer.

fish bonk

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2010, 01:39:41 PM »

As  I was watching that youtube  video, It made me think of all the bears I have seen along the beach areas. Don't clean your fish in camp folks! Nice video though, now I want to go fishing ;D