Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alouette Lake  (Read 13384 times)

vancook

• Old Timer
Alouette Lake
« on: March 29, 2010, 10:59:45 AM »

I'm planning on doing some camping over the May long weekend up at Golden Ears and I was wondering how fishing from Alouette is around that time of year? To be more specific is shore fishing productive or is a boat the best way to go? Anyone have experience fishing that lake in a belly boat and would they recommend it or stay away from that? thanks everyone

fly fisher

• i fish roe roe and more roe
Re: Alouette Lake
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 11:15:05 AM »

I'm planning on doing some camping over the May long weekend up at Golden Ears and I was wondering how fishing from Alouette is around that time of year? To be more specific is shore fishing productive or is a boat the best way to go? Anyone have experience fishing that lake in a belly boat and would they recommend it or stay away from that? thanks everyone
from what i hear alouette is fishing good for kokenees.
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 11:30:46 AM »

This thread should give you an idea on how the fishing is around that time of the year. Kokanee, Rainbow, cutthroat and bull trout are the target species.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=20524.0

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 12:08:24 PM »

You will probably want to be in a boat. Its not reallly float tube friendly as that lake blows up pretty good. You also dont know when a front can come in. It could be sunny one minute and 10 minutes later its pouring rain with high winds.

They should be stocking the lake with catchables soon and their are always kokanee in the lake. Depending on water temps they could be on the surface at that time or down deep.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

steve B

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 01:19:27 PM »

a good place to start with that belly boat is the mouth of Gold Creek where it runs into alouette lake by north beach ive always had good luck at that spot good luck its great from shore too

Davidp

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 10:37:51 PM »

As steve pointed out the mouth of the gold creek is a good place to cast from shore ..but usualy in the summer time boat is better due to warm waters.. Fish tend to go deeper meanimg trolling 100 feet down would produce best results...

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 10:45:05 PM »

thanks for the link Rod. Sounds like there's lots of fish to catch in the lake.
Unfortunately the only boat option I have is buying an inflatable, the civic isn't great for towing IMO, or renting one...and I dont think they do rentals any where on that lake. I'm thinking belly boat or fishing from shore by Gold creek, same camp grounds I plan to stay.  thanks for the info everyone

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 08:29:48 AM »

Take the belly boat and keep an eye on the weather.
Just dont get stuck out in the middle or downwind of where u put in.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 09:26:35 PM »

Take the belly boat and keep an eye on the weather.
Just dont get stuck out in the middle or downwind of where u put in.
I think that may be my plan. I feel safer with flippers than a sketchy pvc raft(never owned one and not sure how well they hold up) Hopefully end of may will have some good fishing

Jace

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 03:46:32 PM »

Thinking of heading out with a small boat on friday, I know the lake quite well, i spend most of my summer there but not fishing.
went out on the lake last weekend and the lake temp ranged from 42-47, wore a wet suit but still felt like i was going to die!

Just wondering at this time if i will have any luck. Also what should i use spinners, spoons, flys ect.......

Might go to somewhere like rolley instead if I will have better luck, but i went there last week and it was just a mud lake and i didnt get anything.

Any info will be great!

Nutterbug

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 03:57:04 PM »

As steve pointed out the mouth of the gold creek is a good place to cast from shore ..but usualy in the summer time boat is better due to warm waters.. Fish tend to go deeper meanimg trolling 100 feet down would produce best results...

Do they really go down below 25 feet?

I thought there was no food supply and the water lacked oxygen that far down.

FishOn36

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 07:55:52 PM »

Might go to somewhere like rolley instead if I will have better luck, but i went there last week and it was just a mud lake and i didnt get anything.

What do you mean by "mud lake"  ???

hank4hire

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 08:21:38 PM »

Thinking of heading out with a small boat on friday, I know the lake quite well, i spend most of my summer there but not fishing.
went out on the lake last weekend and the lake temp ranged from 42-47, wore a wet suit but still felt like i was going to die!

Just wondering at this time if i will have any luck. Also what should i use spinners, spoons, flys ect.......

Any info will be great!
I use to troll with wedding bands and the kokes seem to love it

FishOn36

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 08:38:15 PM »

I use to troll with wedding bands and the kokes seem to love it

Any particular color(s)?

Jace

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 08:43:17 PM »

What do you mean by "mud lake"  ???

The lake was really muddy lol.

I put on my waders to walk out a few feet to cast farther and i was in knee deep mud!