Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pictures of Steelhead  (Read 2408 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Pictures of Steelhead
« on: February 05, 2007, 11:14:24 PM »

Just a reminder when taking a picture of a steelhead or any fish for that matter that you retain. Before you click the shutter make sure you remove any signs of sand, dirt, leaves, blood etc. from your trophy fish. Nothing can ruin a nice keep sake photo with it marred this way.

When I look at some of my old photos I wish we had taken more time cleaning them up a bit more.

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
Re: Pictures of Steelhead
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 12:04:54 AM »

Don't forget to hold it way out in front of you  :P ::)

Seriously though, removing sand/blood/etc definately makes for a better photo. Take the time to set up the shot, lighting is key from behind the camera man.

The photos that have had a bit more time given to them always seem to stand out when looking back, and also when showing/posting them, it makes a difference.
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 06:41:25 AM »

Holding it out as far as I can doesn't work for me anymore; I usually set the fish down on a large rock and step back behind it about 10-15 feet.   ;)

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 06:57:02 AM »

Just a reminder when taking a picture of a steelhead or any fish for that matter that you retain. Before you click the shutter make sure you remove any signs of sand, dirt, leaves, blood etc. from your trophy fish. Nothing can ruin a nice keep sake photo with it marred this way.

When I look at some of my old photos I wish we had taken more time cleaning them up a bit more.

I just want to get them in the water asap. If they have some dirt it does not matter because it's easy to fix later in photoshop and fun.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 09:48:12 AM »

I just want to get them in the water asap. If they have some dirt it does not matter because it's easy to fix later in photoshop and fun.

Yes I agree, I was posting about fish you are retaining. Of course if you are taking a picture of a fish you are releasing, wild ot hatchery it is recommended that it is not brought on shore, keep it in the water, pick your prize up as quickly as possible, snap the photo and send the fish on its way.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 03:39:11 PM »