Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interior Lskes  (Read 4713 times)

armytruck

• Old Timer
Re: Interior Lskes
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2020, 12:31:57 PM »

Access is going to be the issue. With BC Parks closed, not sure if FSR campsites are off limits, and all cabins, resorts etc are closed, access to most lakes will not be available unfortunately. We are still a couple of weeks until open water is available, so things may change by that time so I would plan the trip based on what the situation is. The 16 footer would be a great boat for some of those bigger lakes on Hwy 24.
I wonder if there would be an issue to touch down with the floatplane  ;) .
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2020, 12:34:08 PM »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2020, 02:44:03 PM »

Thanks Rodney.
Yes, of course access is the issue right now but I'm hopefully looking to early June, after the ice is off the lakes.

The second half of May has always been good to us around Merritt and Kamloops, while early June is still good up in the Cariboo region.

eddy

• Sea Lice? What Sea Lice?
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2020, 02:56:39 PM »

Thanks Rod.
The rest depends on our Dr. Bonnie.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2020, 08:16:00 AM »

Not a good idea to go to the interior. A Coworker of mine was harrassed at a lake in Kamloops this week. He had his windshield smashed in when he was on the water. It all started with an argument with a local. He started out talking very friendly to my buddy but he turned very aggressive when he found oit my friend was from the Fraser valley.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 08:17:43 AM by Hike_and_fish »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2020, 09:39:22 PM »

Not a good idea to go to the interior. A Coworker of mine was harrassed at a lake in Kamloops this week. He had his windshield smashed in when he was on the water. It all started with an argument with a local. He started out talking very friendly to my buddy but he turned very aggressive when he found oit my friend was from the Fraser valley.
Your friend view was I'm in the wilderness fishing.....the local view is these lands are my back yard.
Stay home.
But over all there are "locals" who are getting very possessive with rivers lakes and wilderness ( fishing hiking hunting )
Way before this Covid 19 ..was east of Prince George and got off the highway a bit to camp over night thus to avoid the costs of a motel.
Within an hour an RCMP cruiser said it was best not to camp here.
He explained recently a truck with a camper got like 10 or so bullet holes put into it in the middle of the night. No one hurt though think he said. :o
Times are changing from when I was a kid.
Ya could go all over BC and enjoy the outdoors.