Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lower Vedder Sept 23  (Read 1576 times)

MERC

• Old Timer
Lower Vedder Sept 23
« on: September 24, 2004, 01:57:16 PM »

Went down to the Lower Vedder on Thursday around 10:30 ish in the morning.  Near Lickman.  What a zoo!  As I was planning to meet a friend there I decided to stay in the area.  A little old lady I was fishing next to said she counted 40 people fishing on this side of the river (parking lot side) plus there was a bunch of kids (maybe a field trip?) fishing on the other side.  On a weekday.  Anyways, water was on the high side, but good visibility of 2-3 feet.  First couple of hours, it was quiet.  Saw maybe two jacks landed, 1 coho. and 1 chum.  Next hour, I found the sweet spot and hooked 5 or 6 in a row and landed one shiny white jack, 4 lb range.  All in the space of 40 minutes or so.  Using peach and pink wool combo with a  squirt of shrimp oil that i had in my vest.  Don't think that made any difference, but then again, you never know.  Saw a bunch of fish rolling in the water, some jumpers too.  Definitely fish there, but not too many cohos.
President Club S. C. & P.

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
Re: Lower Vedder Sept 23
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 02:35:20 PM »

Thanks for the report.

mission

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 03:22:47 PM »

was fishing limit hole this morning hook in to a couple of fish first light, then it just quit  and that was it .had one big spring on for a wander down river lost it thank god going out tonight would smell all night ;D going tomorrow taking my boy hoping for a couple of coho each ;D will report sat 8) ;D using coho pro cured roe ;)
FOB

mission

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 04:30:23 PM »

:)i will be there on sunday i have picked  up lots of garbage allready. ???i have fished all over bc. and i have to say the vedder is a gabage dump >:( ??
FOB