Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vancouver/west van salt report sept 24  (Read 803 times)

allwaysfishin

vancouver/west van salt report sept 24
« on: September 24, 2006, 04:18:34 PM »

the past few days have seen a real run on bait and terminal gear and i am hearing from a lot of reliable sources that the whites are in. Mind you , nothing like the numbers we saw this time last year. The bulk of the success seems to be along west van/capilano with bait, both whole medium herring in a glow green super teaser or anchovie in teaser heads. Depths are as follows, 90 to 120 ft to bottom with the gear at 60 to 90ft.... just a few feet off bottom is the key. High Slack tide is the ticket. I have talked to a couple friends who have been fishing T-10/Sandheads, as well as pt Grey bell buoy and they have had some success as well. Closer to the fraser mouth you may want to shallow up and work the 50 to 80 ft depths , and again either whole medium herring or anchovie. Coyote and Gypsy spoons in glo flo, eel , cop car and kermit are also a good bet, fished over "dummy flashers" ( no flasher on line, it is instead attached to cannon ball) and just a spoon on your line.
  I'll be bringin my boat back from nootka next week or so and will be getting on the water for some first hand info soon.... if I'm lucky hehehe ;D
tite lines
thomas
steveston marine hardware, vancouver
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 04:36:24 PM by allwaysfishin »

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: vancouver/west van salt report sept 24
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 04:57:56 PM »

Hey nice report..I sure miss your berrys bait and tackle reports :o :oThey dont update like you did I sure miss that..anyway clad to her from you