Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: any fishing in whistler  (Read 1638 times)

samueltan

any fishing in whistler
« on: December 04, 2011, 03:56:12 PM »

I am gonna head to whistler for 3 days next week? anyone has experience in this area? where and what I can fish at this time? Thanks a lot

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: any fishing in whistler
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 04:59:36 PM »

On your way up, you can stop by Squamish or Cheakamus River and try your luck for trout and char that are currently feeding on eggs being deposited by salmon. It is strictly a catch and release fishery, but can be a lot of fun if you find some feeding fish. Just the surrounding scenery is worth the visit.

samueltan

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 05:26:19 PM »

Thanks a lot. Rodney. so i can use wool or artificial egg and use light fishing rod? maybe I should not ask this, but do you have some popular location recommended or a river map? i have never fished on these two rivers before

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 07:06:37 PM »

Remember bait ban, catch and release and bring etiquette and bear spray, it isn't the Vedder.  Take in the scenary, getting skunked on the Squamish happens a lot but its worth it going for the scenary.

Thanks a lot. Rodney. so i can use wool or artificial egg and use light fishing rod? maybe I should not ask this, but do you have some popular location recommended or a river map? i have never fished on these two rivers before

These rivers change too much to be mapped.  My favorite spot last fall is now more than a kilometer from the nearest part of the river now.  Bull trout move around, todays hot spot might be empty tomorrow, just go explore, cover a lot of water.  As with most fish finding the fish is more important that fly pattern.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 07:10:04 PM by Matt »

samueltan

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 07:16:52 PM »

thanks a lot. Nice to be a member of fishing with rod