Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MOvember  (Read 3459 times)

strobes

MOvember
« on: November 01, 2012, 06:59:44 PM »

the month is upon us. now a days i don't know of anyone who hasn't been affected my cancer.  mustaches and fishing go hand in hand.  i'm doing my part and trying to help raise awareness and donations for the fight.  i hope others on here would do the same. everything helps.  if anyone is interested in donating my link is

http://mobro.co/strobes

also anyone else joining should post there pages on here as well!!
<>{Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies}<>

Electroman

Re: MOvember
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 07:38:24 PM »

Myself and the boys at work are growing the stash. Everyone is donating $20. It will cost you an extra $20 if you shave early.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 07:58:19 PM »

Myself and the boys at work are growing the stash. Everyone is donating $20. It will cost you an extra $20 if you shave early.

Make sure those mustaches stay within regulation.

chronicfisher

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 02:58:33 AM »

I put my best effort in trying to grow a stash but it isn't easy being an Asian and trying to do so.but ive stepped up my game from baby face peach fuzz to more of a teenage yeti lol.my friends break my balls but they do give me A for effort and a F for funny look.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 02:18:34 PM »

to me ,this year is more significant than past.
Dad has prostate cancer, given his age and other health issues they decided to let nature take it's course. Mum is suffering from tumors in her liver and is nearing the end , both are in the ir late eighties :?

In the last six weeks, my nephew was diagnosed with testicular cancer, secondary bladder and lungs, He has a very hard fight ahead of him at 37 years old.
My sister has just been diagnosed last week with both skin and breast cancer at stage 3, another hard fight.

finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

brownmancheng

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 06:01:55 PM »

What are the regs?? Are handlebars compliant? Because damn I look good! Lol. At least I think so, the wife does not agree

brownmancheng

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 06:03:16 PM »

Dad has prostate cancer, given his age and other health issues they decided to let nature take it's course. Mum is suffering from tumors in her liver and is nearing the end , both are in the ir late eighties :?

In the last six weeks, my nephew was diagnosed with testicular cancer, secondary bladder and lungs, He has a very hard fight ahead of him at 37 years old.
My sister has just been diagnosed last week with both skin and breast cancer at stage 3, another hard fight.

Sandy sorry to hear everything but I wish them the best with the battle ahead.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 07:43:55 PM »

Wow Sandy I am so sorry to hear about your families misfortunes. I wish them all the best!!

I lost my mom to colon cancer 5.5 years ago. She was only 56 years old. She was also my best friend.

I hope you all raise lots of money for this terrible disease

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 08:36:13 PM »

Thats a tough run Sandy.

We are on our third year of doing large Movember fundraisers.  My Father in-law battled prostate cancer and as such we took to this charity.

Year one - $4500
Year two - $11,400
Year three - ?????

Will be tough to match last year, but we are doing our best.  We managed to get 80 people to attend our event.  We get a lot of support from our employers, suppliers etc to donate auction prizes.  We work hard to hit up local businesses around our venue and let them know they can have signage, flyers etc at our events.

We get local restuarants to pony up gift cards, local beer store donates a 30 pack etc.... it all adds up.

Every dime we raised went onto my bro-in-laws Mospace page (he was top 25 in Canada last year!).  Typically we get suppliers of our various employers to donate Canuck tix, but this year we will lose that, and our total will suffer.  But we are plowing on!!

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 08:49:23 PM »

What are the regs?? Are handlebars compliant? Because damn I look good! Lol. At least I think so, the wife does not agree

Just a joke for the poor guys who have to wear respirators

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 12:14:35 PM »

Just a joke for the poor guys who have to wear respirators

no worries , but their safety must come first.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 10:49:21 PM »

Sorry sandy, wasn't meant to be rude in any way just my brother longs for a beard but can't wear one due to the nature of his work, was making a jab at him, not the unfortunate luck your loved ones are having.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 01:00:18 AM »

Sorry sandy, wasn't meant to be rude in any way just my brother longs for a beard but can't wear one due to the nature of his work, was making a jab at him, not the unfortunate luck your loved ones are having.

I assure you that I in no way whats so ever to offence. So don't sweat it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 01:02:10 AM by Sandy »

Electroman

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 01:54:47 PM »

Stupid regs. Smiling at my work may become against the rules.