Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Petition in Port Hope Ontario to ban fishing garners over 12,000 signatures.  (Read 4002 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Old Blue

Typical clueless Ontario response to fishing even though it's a non native fish and interfering with their nature walks.  Have they ever walked around the GTO area....there's trash everywhere.  And also it's the edge of GTO so people keep moving further out.  I fished the river 10-11 years ago with trash everywhere and not from fisherman other than the random worm container...the sidewalks contained far more trash.

I caught my first few salmon ever near PH over 30 years ago....the largest of which was a 24# Chinook and it's amazing how many fish I saw a decade ago so why not let people fish.. 

jim

Scary stuff for sure! I pick up lines and tackle pieces that I find. Not only a tripping hazard, birds get tangled, animals in the area, and fish eat that pollution as it flows down the river.
 West Vancouver got rid of their boat launch. People used to complain that boats were in their way during a walk.