Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My First centrepin  (Read 17813 times)

redside1

Re: My First centrepin (Amazon Generic Centrepin)
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2024, 11:52:40 AM »

Looks good ! Man I wish I knew about this reel sooner, I got a kingpin last year, nothing wrong with it and works really well, just that BC reel is 1/5th the price

that BC reel will most likely be (99% I bet) be coming from the same place has the Maxcatch with only a different look.

Phronesis

Re: My First centrepin
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2024, 11:56:09 AM »

So its not really from BC you mean, that'd be a bummer

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2024, 12:11:34 PM »

that BC reel will most likely be (99% I bet) be coming from the same place has the Maxcatch with only a different look.
No, actually I met the owner who sold me one. I am not affiliated at all. I was so impressed with the reel and the owner that I am willing to write about it here because I respect honest work and a quality product. I know because I have experience with the cheap amazon stuff to compare it to.
Yes I also have tried Milner's and Islanders.
He designs and manufactures them in Langley, BC albeit in small scale currently.
I know it's hard to accept a good reel can get made at a reasonable price in BC.

https://bcreelco.com/
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 12:18:04 PM by Darko »
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

Phronesis

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2024, 09:14:46 PM »

No, actually I met the owner who sold me one. I am not affiliated at all. I was so impressed with the reel and the owner that I am willing to write about it here because I respect honest work and a quality product. I know because I have experience with the cheap amazon stuff to compare it to.
Yes I also have tried Milner's and Islanders.
He designs and manufactures them in Langley, BC albeit in small scale currently.
I know it's hard to accept a good reel can get made at a reasonable price in BC.

https://bcreelco.com/

Good to know

redside1

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2024, 11:33:34 AM »

no offense meant but I highly doubt he is truly making the reels in BC from scratch and selling for $120.00.
On the website it just says "designed in BC" nowhere does it mention "Made in BC"
Just think of the machine time on a lathe to turn out the spools and parts and then assemble the reel.
If you told me he was purchasing un assembled reels from china and assembling in BC I would buy that, but made from scratch, nope not buying it without seeing it.
I friend of mine makes centerpin reels in Mission and it takes him nearly a week to build one reel from scratch.
it would be like working for $2 and hour +/- after materail costs are factored in.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 11:35:53 AM by redside1 »

fisherforever

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2024, 02:38:58 PM »

Have to agree with Redside

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2024, 03:41:48 PM »

When John Milner was living in New Westminster about 40 years ago he was selling his reel for $150.00 Agree with Redside 1 that it's very doubtful that he can make a reel these days for $120

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2024, 04:12:29 PM »

These reels are available on Amazon. There is a description as well: "Lower Mainland BC, Canada Based Design and Customer Support"

has nothing to do with if these are a product worth the asking price which is remarkably reasonable.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

redside1

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2024, 04:26:53 PM »

These reels are available on Amazon. There is a description as well: "Lower Mainland BC, Canada Based Design and Customer Support"

has nothing to do with if these are a product worth the asking price which is remarkably reasonable.

total agree with you Raplh. Poster above mentions Made in BC. I am totally skeptical of that. Some people may purchase because they think that they are supporting a made in BC business when they are supporting an importer. Nothing more, nothing less. most of the tackle sold in stores in made overseas.