Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where Fish hang in the Fraser  (Read 2320 times)

Darko

• Old Timer
Where Fish hang in the Fraser
« on: November 21, 2021, 06:55:54 PM »

Good evening everybody, today while fishing on the Fraser I was wondering where all the different fish that are in there or swim by there like to hang out. For example I have heard that sockeye inhabit the bottom of the river while migrating, while chinook are maybe a couple of feet off the bottom. Whereas pinks like to be near the surface and jumping. How would chum compare? I assume since they're bigger they would travel in a similar region as chinook? And Coho since they tend to be more timid would they be near the bank in shallow water avoiding the current? Steelhead? What about species that live in the Fraser such as coarse fish. In the summer they are in shallow slow water at the bottom but what about in winter? What about Bull Trout, Dolly Varden, or cutthroats? Sturgeon are always at the bottom of the main channel I'm assuming since they're so big and strong. Anyways thanks in advance!
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

someone

Re: Where Fish hang in the Fraser
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 02:49:01 PM »

I was wondering this too, I tried coarse fishing in fraser river this week with no luck, maybe they come back when its actually spring or later? idk

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 03:08:04 PM »

wait for the flys to start to hatch

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 06:10:00 PM »

I was wondering this too, I tried coarse fishing in fraser river this week with no luck, maybe they come back when its actually spring or later? idk
coarse fishing will start picking up in may, as temperatures rise, april is good aswell depending on weather Rodney has many great articles on it.
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin