Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley stocked lake fishing in the winter  (Read 4730 times)

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
Re: Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley stocked lake fishing in the winter
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 06:51:45 PM »

That little lake should be a fly fishing only lake imo. At least you didn’t name it like last years local lake that got blown up after the video came out.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 08:00:53 PM »

Shoot I forgot to leave it in the description! Gotta spread the pressure out a bit, I drove by Elbow on the way home, it was a gong show. 🤣

danielk

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 06:43:33 PM »

I went by elbo also. What a zoo.  Shoulder to shoulder  I couldn’t get a spot on the rocks.  🤷🏻‍♂️😝

Oh wait I was on bridge lake freezing 🥶.   

Clarki Hunter

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2023, 09:49:27 AM »

Shoot I forgot to leave it in the description! Gotta spread the pressure out a bit, I drove by Elbow on the way home, it was a gong show. 🤣

Where's elbow and what rock do I stand on? 🤣

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2023, 02:05:19 PM »

Interesting to note when the video was shot the lake was empty of people.  After the video came out it was crowded around the bay where it was shot even on weekdays.  Some were even standing on submerged logs. I have fished there a lot and witnessed this with my own eyes and am not making this up. At the risk of getting the boot from this site I will still stand up and speak the truth. Not looking for a fight here. Some might think it’s funny and a joke. Ha ha. I don’t understand why people like to divulge exact locations and blow up fishing spots. That I will never understand.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2023, 02:17:10 PM »

Well obviously... I never denied that there wouldn't be immediate impact lol. These videos are here to promote stocked lake angling opportunities that are readily available for people to take advantage of and stimulate freshwater fishing licence sales. Yes lakes would get crowded in the short run, but in the long run there will be positive impacts.

And no you won't be booted for telling the truth lol...

Gasps, forever crowded.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 02:22:38 PM by Rodney »

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2023, 04:01:56 PM »

Interesting to note when the video was shot the lake was empty of people.  After the video came out it was crowded around the bay where it was shot even on weekdays.  Some were even standing on submerged logs. I have fished there a lot and witnessed this with my own eyes and am not making this up. At the risk of getting the boot from this site I will still stand up and speak the truth. Not looking for a fight here. Some might think it’s funny and a joke. Ha ha. I don’t understand why people like to divulge exact locations and blow up fishing spots. That I will never understand.

All the fishing locations are publicly marked in Gofishbc. And it is to encourage people to go fishing those lake.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2023, 04:12:27 PM »

at least he has not filmed one at mike lake yet lol

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2023, 05:48:59 PM »

at least he has not filmed one at mike lake yet lol

"Coming Soon!"

LOL!
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2023, 05:53:47 PM »

Well obviously... I never denied that there wouldn't be immediate impact lol. These videos are here to promote stocked lake angling opportunities that are readily available for people to take advantage of and stimulate freshwater fishing licence sales. Yes lakes would get crowded in the short run, but in the long run there will be positive impacts.

And no you won't be booted for telling the truth lol...

Gasps, forever crowded.

So Rod, honest question.

I believe you have done contract work for them before and if so is that generally part of the contract objectives?

if you can't or decline to answer no problem.

It is a public resource and the fish are stocked with public funds so it's not unreasonable. most of those guys will stop going after a trip or two once they catch nothing other than a chill.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2023, 06:35:42 PM »

which lake is that in the photo. so I know where not to go XD. if you didnt namedrop the new one it must be elbow?
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2023, 09:54:22 PM »

So Rod, honest question.

I believe you have done contract work for them before and if so is that generally part of the contract objectives?

if you can't or decline to answer no problem.

It is a public resource and the fish are stocked with public funds so it's not unreasonable. most of those guys will stop going after a trip or two once they catch nothing other than a chill.

Yeah it is. Over the years (not every year) I am contracted by FFSBC, DFO, the province, HCTF, etc to market their outreach programs. Generally, promoting educated angling, increasing (or sustaining might be a more appropriate work) freshwater fishing licence sales have been the objectives.

I think it's a little ridiculous (not you Ralph) and funny that some think I don't have an idea on how the videos may influence fishing pressure. Yeah, if you go to the said lake the day after the video comes out, don't be shocked that others decide to do the same. ;D Would that fishing pressure persist in the long run, nope.

which lake is that in the photo. so I know where not to go XD. if you didnt namedrop the new one it must be elbow?

That was Elbow the day after the video came out last spring.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2023, 07:23:33 PM »

Carry on, Rod, I think it's great that you're spreading the gospel of fishing. Your videos are what got me back into fishing a decade ago and I hope that you continue to inspire others to do the same.

I don't understand the indignation about making fishing videos at public, stocked lakes. The info is on the GoFish website. It's not a secret. Your videos remind people that there are fish in these lakes and that's fantastic.

If you're bothered by crowds, just avoid that lake for a week. The crowd will move on.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2023, 09:15:32 PM »

Carry on, Rod, I think it's great that you're spreading the gospel of fishing. Your videos are what got me back into fishing a decade ago and I hope that you continue to inspire others to do the same.

I don't understand the indignation about making fishing videos at public, stocked lakes. The info is on the GoFish website. It's not a secret. Your videos remind people that there are fish in these lakes and that's fantastic.

If you're bothered by crowds, just avoid that lake for a week. The crowd will move on.

Like ^