Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lake Stocking  (Read 2968 times)

Colersmom

Lake Stocking
« on: September 30, 2022, 09:16:18 PM »

When do we think that the lakes will be stocked?

Darko

• Old Timer
Re: Lake Stocking
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 09:30:53 PM »

When do we think that the lakes will be stocked?
they started stocking vancouver island this week. They usually do the lower mainland the following week. though they usually do so when the water temps in local lakes reach around 10 degrees which I dont think they are or will be soon due to the heat and dry weather so not 100% sure
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

Colersmom

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 11:15:32 PM »

Thank you!

coastangler

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 02:32:11 PM »

Stocking in the Lower Mainland has started albeit with an unusual pattern: Browning + Sanctuary Pond, then a 2 day hiatus and just Mike & Mill after that. So far no stockings in Lafarge, Como, Green Timbers or Rice which is odd. Maybe related to the weather: I was at Rice not long ago and never seen it so low and dry. https://www.gofishbc.com/Stocked-Fish/Detailed-Report.aspx?region=LOWER%20MAINLAND&start=1/1/2022&end=31/12/2022

"It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.”
Sir Edmund Hillary

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2022, 06:58:05 PM »

Stocking in the Lower Mainland has started albeit with an unusual pattern: Browning + Sanctuary Pond, then a 2 day hiatus and just Mike & Mill after that. So far no stockings in Lafarge, Como, Green Timbers or Rice which is odd. Maybe related to the weather: I was at Rice not long ago and never seen it so low and dry. https://www.gofishbc.com/Stocked-Fish/Detailed-Report.aspx?region=LOWER%20MAINLAND&start=1/1/2022&end=31/12/2022
they stocked those too, just updated

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 03:15:22 PM »

very slow fishing today, nothing at PNE and only one from como in about 3 hours of fishing. Lots of jumpers at como but slow in terms of bites. Probably will improve as the water cools down.

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 05:19:55 PM »

Got a chance to participate in my first stocking today at Como lake, small stocking of about 250, releasing them from the bucket. Lots of fun and glad I was lucky to have the opportunity. Fished lures for 30 m to no avail. Powerbait off the bottom also didn't get me much luck. Left after an hour because of the heavy downpour that started

coastangler

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2022, 01:40:22 PM »

Me: Arrive excited to a local lake, with my arsenal of flies ready to be put in front of hungry trout
60 min later...
Landed 2 trout, lost another 2. Not bad although I had to change flies many times to keep them excited

Then a guy arrives with a spinning rod -he has no chance I thought- using an ugly orange spinner and lands 7 trout in front of me within 15 minutes.  :o

When you think you understand how fish think lol. My theory is that they were in "aggressive" mode vs "feeding" mode. Good times!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 01:43:14 PM by coastangler »
Sir Edmund Hillary

coastangler

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2022, 02:04:53 PM »

Got a chance to participate in my first stocking today at Como lake, small stocking of about 250, releasing them from the bucket. Lots of fun and glad I was lucky to have the opportunity. Fished lures for 30 m to no avail. Powerbait off the bottom also didn't get me much luck. Left after an hour because of the heavy downpour that started

Good for you! usually those days are good, with the following ones becoming slower until it picks up again. BTW nice fish on your pic - clearly not a stocked rainbow  ;D
Sir Edmund Hillary

Dubs604

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2022, 03:38:47 PM »

We were at Rice Lake this past weekend.  Four rods fishing from the bottom.  Only three bites all afternoon and one landed.  Even though it was slow, it reminded me how much fun can be had fishing these stocked lakes. 

coastangler

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2022, 09:31:23 AM »

I enjoy local lake fishing during November as rarely see other anglers and trout are hungry. Went before work to Rice Lake the other day and the lake began freezing which makes it a challenge for Fly fishing but was able to fish heavy nymphs vertically on a few holes and right enough trout started taking them. This trout had a nice beer belly and was getting ready for winter

Sir Edmund Hillary