Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser in Lillooet gear  (Read 1253 times)

dwsk

• I'm a llama!
Fraser in Lillooet gear
« on: October 29, 2022, 07:13:20 AM »

My kid lives in the Lillooet area. Wants to river fish, so assuming the fraser. Would the Rod/Reels be the same as would be on the vedder? or would you need a heaver rod etc. Thank you

redside1

Re: Fraser in Lillooet gear
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 09:46:53 AM »

Depending on the time of year, you may find that the Fraser is closed to fishing ( might be open for sturgeon) from sometime in September to next June. Not sure of the exact dates but it would be worth going to Winners Edge in Lillooet and asking. They know what’s going on around there.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Fraser in Lillooet gear
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 02:18:37 PM »

here is what is in the synopsis:

Exempt from spring closure upstream of Thompson River, except as noted below

No Fishing for trout in Fraser River mainstem: downstream of Hell’s Gate Sept 1-Nov 15, from Hell’s Gate to the confluence with the
Thompson River from Oct 1-Nov 30, and upstream of the confluence with the Thompson River Oct 1-Oct 31

No Fishing between fishing boundary signs posted approximately 6.5 km downstream of Boston Bar to signs 2.8 km downstream of
Hell's Gate

No Fishing from the lower entrance of the fish ladder at Bridge River Rapids to the BC Railway Bridge approximately 2 km north of
Lillooet, Mar 31-June 20

From Hwy 99 bridge at Lillooet downstream approximately 1.2 km to BC Hydro’s tail race outflow channel: No Fishing Oct 1-May 31;

From the confluence with Thompson River to the CNR Bridge approximately 1 km downstream: No Fishing, Oct 1-May 31; bait ban and no
hooks greater than 15 mm from point to shank, Oct 1-Dec 31
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.