Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bar fishing in Fraser  (Read 6238 times)

Darko

• Old Timer
Re: Bar fishing in Fraser
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2022, 11:42:26 AM »

in the main stem Fraser? Fishing from a bar?
tidal fraser is all he said.. He is quite reputable so I dont think he would be lying. Thefishingdoctorsadventures on instagram
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

Jamier

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2022, 08:57:29 PM »

The sturgeon was around 3 feet. Not huge.  My leader broke before I got it in, jumped and rolled  couple times. Might try again on the long weekend.  Good High tide in the morning.

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2022, 09:07:55 AM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckrq8YSrqjW/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
another report from him

copy and paste description

I FEEL WINTER COMING...

I see the mountain lakes freezing up and I'm already starting to think about switching gears.

Coho and salmon fishing has me hooked though and I'll ride every dwindling wave of coho right till the end.

Yesterday I tried the Tidal Fraser out again and it was drastically different compared to Friday. I only hooked one fish on a @primelures spoon that unfortunately came off. Very few risers. The water was murky, but I just feel like there were much less fish passing by. So could we be nearing the end?

Sure they slowly trickle in, but the big movements are seemingly done.

These pics are from the Thursday prior, before the first big storm blew the Vedder out the first time. It has been blown a couple times since and the last was a significant high water event. So things are probably different out there and I haven't been back.

I was fishing with my colleague Dr. Van Der Watt who lives in the area. I was showing him the ropes and trying to get him hooked into some fish.

We had plenty of bobber downs on @cleardrifttackle beads. The bite was pretty steady all day and I must have caught 6 coho and 5 chum. Unfortunately he didn't connect with any of his bobber droppers. Three were hatchery that I kept and the first fish of the day on my third cast was a hatchery jack coho that I released. Always regret those when you go home one short, haha.

It has been a fantastic season. I've been saying this since the end of September! I hope you enjoyed it as well.

#riverfishing #ariverrunsthroughit
#cleardrifttackle
#beads #bobberdropper #bobberdown #coho #salmonfishing #chumsalmon #thevedder #pnw #addictedfishing #chilliwack #vedderriver #vedderfishing
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin