Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bar fishing in Fraser  (Read 6169 times)

DanL

• Old Timer
Re: Bar fishing in Fraser
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2022, 06:24:03 PM »

Even though the chances are low, its good to be out even for few hours close to my place. Will give some of those spots a try. Have you caught any Coho on fraser using spincast? just curious

Not common but I've had a couple during previous pink seasons on spoons. This time of year would also be a rare occurrence, but not impossible. The lower the water clarity, go bigger on the presentation and hope for the best

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2022, 06:27:06 PM »

when you throw spoons or fish spinners on the Fraser you don't fish for anything specific. I have caught coho, cutthroat and once 3 chum in 20 minutes. Boy were they dark!
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Phronesis

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2022, 07:08:16 PM »

Thats cool....thanks all....atleast ill get to spend some time fishing since its very close to my place and dont have to think twice.....

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2022, 10:36:48 PM »

Note that the openings in the tidal portion is broken up into two stages. October 31st for downstream from Port Mann, and November 2nd downstream from Mission. Non-tidal downstream from Hope opens on November 3rd. This have been weeks of communications back and forth between myself and the resource managers to get these open on the dates which they should be. Last year, nobody was on top of this and the openings didn't start until November 15th. It's unnecessary time and energy wasted on reminding the department to provide the opportunities for rec fishers when they should be.

Regarding casting spoons and spinners for coho. I've probably caught more coho by lure fishing than bait fishing in the Tidal Fraser River since the mid 90s. Water clarity is excellent this year so I'd think success should be better than other years.

Phronesis

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2022, 10:51:12 PM »

Note that the openings in the tidal portion is broken up into two stages. October 31st for downstream from Port Mann, and November 2nd downstream from Mission. Non-tidal downstream from Hope opens on November 3rd. This have been weeks of communications back and forth between myself and the resource managers to get these open on the dates which they should be. Last year, nobody was on top of this and the openings didn't start until November 15th. It's unnecessary time and energy wasted on reminding the department to provide the opportunities for rec fishers when they should be.

Regarding casting spoons and spinners for coho. I've probably caught more coho by lure fishing than bait fishing in the Tidal Fraser River since the mid 90s. Water clarity is excellent this year so I'd think success should be better than other years.

Thanks a lot for your work Rod!
I owe you a fish

fisherforever

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2022, 03:06:36 PM »

Rodney, do you know if the Fraser will also open for trout at the same time Nov/03/22? Thanks

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2022, 05:27:55 PM »

What about an opening for Carp,Chub,Bullhead,Bass and Northern Pike minnow?

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2022, 06:50:56 PM »

What about an opening for Carp,Chub,Bullhead,Bass and Northern Pike minnow?
???
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2022, 09:52:09 PM »

Rodney, do you know if the Fraser will also open for trout at the same time Nov/03/22? Thanks

No Fishing for trout in Fraser River mainstem: downstream of Hell’s Gate Sept 1-Nov 15

see:

https://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=44749.msg423980#msg423980
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Jamier

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2022, 06:00:54 PM »

Any Tidal reports?  Saw a couple jacks caught at Brownsville Friday.  I'm going to give it a try tomorrow.

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2022, 06:10:40 PM »

Any Tidal reports?  Saw a couple jacks caught at Brownsville Friday.  I'm going to give it a try tomorrow.
bcfishingdoctors reported 9... in two hours!! he got his hatchery limit. Said the key was not to cast straight out.

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2022, 07:38:09 PM »

I fished langley from 3:30 to 5:30. a few nibble, nothing caught

Jamier

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2022, 06:13:49 AM »

Fished Glen Valley yesterday.  High to low tide. 1 sturgeon, 2 wild jacks, 1 hatchery jack, which I kept.  Missed a few other good bites.  Overall not a bad day for this late in the season.
Weather was wild but managed to stick it out for the day.

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2022, 09:40:48 AM »

Fished Glen Valley yesterday.  High to low tide. 1 sturgeon, 2 wild jacks, 1 hatchery jack, which I kept.  Missed a few other good bites.  Overall not a bad day for this late in the season.
Weather was wild but managed to stick it out for the day.
nice! what size was the sturgeon? Not big enough to brake your coho rod XD. 3 fish is a lot better than no fish.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2022, 11:35:08 AM »

bcfishingdoctors reported 9... in two hours!! he got his hatchery limit. Said the key was not to cast straight out.
in the main stem Fraser? Fishing from a bar?