Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shore access Saltwater fishing spots  (Read 1198 times)

Colersmom

Shore access Saltwater fishing spots
« on: August 05, 2022, 06:27:17 PM »

What are some good saltwater fishing spots that I don't need a boat for? I have no skills in saltwater fishing except reef fishing out other places and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
Re: Shore access Saltwater fishing spots
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 08:10:26 PM »

Rod did an episode way back on pikeminnow at Garry Point Park. The rocks are heinously slippery so be careful! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4-3lKmroo8

I've also heard about people salmon fishing at Ambleside Park in North Van near the Cap River mouth. Only at low tide, I think.

No idea if the fishing is any good (or possible) but Iona Beach and the jetty would be great for exploring. Please report back if you do go out there. I've always wanted to try fishing towards the end of the jetty but never found the time.

I'm sure there's also some possible spots up Indian Arm (Deep Cove or Belcarra) but make sure to check the rockfish conservation area boundaries before heading out.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 08:16:36 PM »

Also, I tried the Serpentine Fen years ago for salmon and struck out because I didn't know the area and didn't really know what I was doing. It's brackish between the ocean and King George Blvd, with bullheads and flounder flopping around in there.

canucksfan233

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 10:57:03 PM »

Theres also up along the howe sound shores on odd years (for pinks)