Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Opening Day Traditions  (Read 2140 times)

Chum Slayer

Opening Day Traditions
« on: June 30, 2022, 11:33:59 AM »

with the Vedder opening tomorrow, I have been thinking about opening day traditions. Usually, my father and I would sit in the family room and drink coffee or tea and talk about past opening day memories as we rig our float rods then after all of that was done we would cure some prawns and head to bed early so that we could head to our favorite run before everyone else, What are your guys opening day traditions?

Darko

• Old Timer
Re: Opening Day Traditions
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 11:40:59 AM »

with the Vedder opening tomorrow, I have been thinking about opening day traditions. Usually, my father and I would sit in the family room and drink coffee or tea and talk about past opening day memories as we rig our float rods then after all of that was done we would cure some prawns and head to bed early so that we could head to our favorite run before everyone else, What are your guys opening day traditions?

For this year I would be praying the river comes into shape as soon as possible, looks pretty high currently :o
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 02:32:34 PM »

She’s fast and high and cloudy and will be for several weeks this summer. Very late start to the freshet this year.

Chum Slayer

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 03:26:00 PM »

I have a few spots that have 4ft plus of vis to try tomorrow when the water is this high it is always good to check the small channels and creeks with roe and blades. I have hooked most of my early Vedder springs float fishing spin n glows in little pocket water at the mouth of these side channels and creeks.

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 05:39:40 PM »

I have a few spots that have 4ft plus of vis to try tomorrow when the water is this high it is always good to check the small channels and creeks with roe and blades. I have hooked most of my early Vedder springs float fishing spin n glows in little pocket water at the mouth of these side channels and creeks.
thanks for the tips Chum Slayer  8)
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

jim

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2022, 07:02:36 AM »

I have quite a few Spin n glos. Thanx for the tips. I have a good idea which colours are good, but which sizes do you find are best? Higher the water the bigger spin glo? say size 6...?

Chum Slayer

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2022, 01:06:44 PM »

Size six is usually what I use, however you can go smaller or bigger depending on the water your fishing. Also, remember that the bigger the spin n glow you use the bigger the float you need.