Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ellis Ross  (Read 1782 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Ellis Ross
« on: January 25, 2022, 04:41:16 PM »

As some here may be aware, Mr. Ross is a FN fellow currently running for the head of the BC Liberal Party (no association with that other group in Ottawa).

I just now walked in the door from another meeting with Ellis. He is in town to attend a logging industry rally, and of course to meet with potential voters.

He and I directly discussed a few matters:

Land Access Issues: He is aware of the issues, however not keenly so... yet. He will need a little more information and public interest to bring him up to snuff. More than willing to listen. I will be posting suggestions in this regard soon.

Wildlife & Wild Land Issues: One of his foremost backers here is a lifetime hunter and long term guide.
It came as no surprise whatsoever to me that he is very well informed on the state both lands and wildlife are in within BC, nor that he has some pretty damn good ideas on how to proceed to address that. Fully determined that wildlife management should be solely based on science, and to create policies to reflect that. Wants to see all the coin from licenses dumped directly back into effective management programs. Also wants to see more coin from general revenue dedicated to the same task. Indicates no preference for Indigenous harvesting over any other, and went so far as to suggest a proper accounting of harvest from all sectors is required to do the job effectively.

The Old Guard: Clean sweep is the way he put it. No wonder some in his party are nervous. Overdue IMHO.

This fellow is NOT your polished trickster politico. In fact quite the opposite with his scuffed boots, jeans and down to earth demeanor. Rather very much a common man type, who sincerely comes across as such.

I have met him previously, but did not have the opportunity to delve as deep into these matters and more as I did today.
Those that know me understand I have an inherent distrust and dislike of pretty well every politico I have ever wandered across.
Not this time. I am actually impressed, and believe he will focus on getting to exactly what he says.
VERY much has my full blown support now.

Cheers,
Matt
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 05:06:16 PM by IronNoggin »