Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Parking and parking enforcement around the Stave river and dam  (Read 9207 times)

243Pete

Re: Parking and parking enforcement around the Stave river and dam
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2021, 02:30:26 AM »

Ugh that sucks. I get the concerns but there's no practical way to make it work for the people that want to park legally and be considerate of the locals. The lot at the hydro picnic area isn't close to big enough for salmon season, regardless of whether they open the gates earlier. You could park at the Railway Trail lot at Hayward Lake and walk down but that's a bit of a walk and that lot isn't very big either.

The hydro lot is rather small and has such a limited capacity and I for certain their will be some kinda conflict about parking again.
That is another option but not everyone wants to walk that much just for chum.

Like Clarki said, maybe someone should open a "Chum shuttle" for a small fee.  ;)

243Pete

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2021, 02:35:16 AM »

Thanks so much for the info Pete!

But frankly I just would not pay the ticket. It's a municipality. They can't touch you. Oh and the stories about collection agencies destroying your credit ratings for a couple of parking tickets - that's up there with the easter bunny and santa claus.  I got a loan for $800k about 4 years ago. My collateral was my house. The bank did a credit check and no problem. I've also gotten credit cards in the last few years as well. And I know I have about a dozen parking tickets from the fine city of north vancouver which I will never pay. Ever. Long story but it has to do with the area around grouse mountain lol. 2 hr limit for non-residents. Apparently I'm on the hit parade of some local archie bunker....he loves to call the city when I park near his fine home to walk the dogs.

No problem Dennis, if I can help I will try.

Still, I rather not get any kinda fine and a tow... not my cup of tea.
Hahahaha!!! should park a little closer and maybe let your dogs walk on his lawn.  8)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2021, 06:33:25 AM »

Thanks so much for the info Pete!

But frankly I just would not pay the ticket. It's a municipality. They can't touch you. Oh and the stories about collection agencies destroying your credit ratings for a couple of parking tickets - that's up there with the easter bunny and santa claus.  I got a loan for $800k about 4 years ago. My collateral was my house. The bank did a credit check and no problem. I've also gotten credit cards in the last few years as well. And I know I have about a dozen parking tickets from the fine city of north vancouver which I will never pay. Ever. Long story but it has to do with the area around grouse mountain lol. 2 hr limit for non-residents. Apparently I'm on the hit parade of some local archie bunker....he loves to call the city when I park near his fine home to walk the dogs.

People should be aware that Cities or municipalities can get a court order to force payment. This can be done in absentia. Vehicles parked illegally can also be towed away and impounded. 
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2021, 11:49:41 AM »

It'll be interesting to see how this will all be Enforced October and November.  Does By-law officer comes once a day every day to ticket and tow everybody?  I can't imagine them going there 5 to 10 times a day as soon as a local resident calls.  If so, they might as well stop doing any other work in October and November.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2021, 12:04:41 PM »

It'll be interesting to see how this will all be Enforced October and November.  Does By-law officer comes once a day every day to ticket and tow everybody?  I can't imagine them going there 5 to 10 times a day as soon as a local resident calls.  If so, they might as well stop doing any other work in October and November.

That happened in my nabour hood in langley with people parking in fount of hydrints. Was there every day ticketing people

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2021, 03:47:50 PM »

243 Pete nailed it.
Us fishermen are not wanted at all.
It is obvious by the lack of facilties for launching etc.
Our Governments should be ashamed at how they treat fishermen and boaters.

Animal Chin

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2021, 07:30:48 PM »

Probably won't do any any good, but I try not to be cynical, so I'll fire off an email to my MP and bitch .. fishing, salmon/sustainability/tourism, increasingly limited access, blah blah blah. Though she's federal, and this is provincial, so not even sure if it is going to the right person.

Who is responsible for making these decisions? I'm assuming freshwater is provincial and I should contact my MLA?

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2021, 08:06:01 PM »

Who is responsible for making these decisions? I'm assuming freshwater is provincial and I should contact my MLA?
Parking is be handled by the city/municipality. Nothing to do with fisheries in this case. You could contact the city/municipality and then the MLA for the area (if you still have spare time and mental energy left by that time!). The MLA may back up the residents though, as many of the anglers are coming from elsewhere in the lower mainland... I assume.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2021, 12:48:11 PM »

243 Pete nailed it.
Us fishermen are not wanted at all.
It is obvious by the lack of facilties for launching etc.
Our Governments should be ashamed at how they treat fishermen and boaters.

yeah why is it the Government and the Public doesn't think we are as wonderful as we do?

Once I had boss whose favorite saying was "your dog may think you are the greatest person on earth but no one here [at work] does!"
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2021, 06:40:05 PM »

......this makes me feel old...fifty years ago I would fish with my brother off the old bridge abutments right below the dam and over on the east side and see no one else......if the residents had any gumption they would gravel their front yards and sell  parking like the residents around the p.n.e ......
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2021, 09:06:38 AM »

This is a business opportunity for local Uber drivers and Locals with illegal parking spaces on their grass.