Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good accommodation for fishing along the Hwy 24  (Read 2275 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Good accommodation for fishing along the Hwy 24
« on: June 03, 2021, 12:53:24 PM »

The last few years I've been doing quite a bit of fishing along Hwy 24 (Fishing Highway) for trout in the spring and kokanee in the summer and winter. One thing I find that's lacking in this area is good and reasonably priced accommodations. They are either rustic cabins with no running water and bathroom at resorts, or expensive log cabins on airbnb. There's one around the Deka Lake area which is supporting the website and I really like it.

https://www.beaverguestranch.com

Mario and Bettina are the hosts and their cabin has four guest bedrooms available. These can be rented out individually if you are just by yourself or with.a friend. You can also rent out the entire place (which would be five bedrooms) for a group of up to ten people. Each room has its own bathroom and there is a large shared kitchen, dining and living rooms. The drive to Deka, Hathaway, Sulphurous is just a few minutes. To Sheridan is about 20 minutes.

Anyway, check them out and give them a call if you are heading up that way after June 14th. It beats staying at a hotel in 100 Mile House and doing the longer drive to the lakes each day which is what I've been doing the last couple of years. Plus you'd be supporting a local resort owner who has had a tough time with all the inter-regional travel restrictions this year. :)

alindsey

Re: Good accommodation for fishing along the Hwy 24
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 08:56:50 PM »

If I could take vacation this year I'd go! :'(

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 11:37:27 AM »

There's always next year, the lakes will always be there. ;D

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 12:46:41 PM »

The last few years I've been doing quite a bit of fishing along Hwy 24 (Fishing Highway) for trout in the spring and kokanee in the summer and winter. One thing I find that's lacking in this area is good and reasonably priced accommodations. They are either rustic cabins with no running water and bathroom at resorts, or expensive log cabins on airbnb. There's one around the Deka Lake area which is supporting the website and I really like it.

https://www.beaverguestranch.com

Mario and Bettina are the hosts and their cabin has four guest bedrooms available. These can be rented out individually if you are just by yourself or with.a friend. You can also rent out the entire place (which would be five bedrooms) for a group of up to ten people. Each room has its own bathroom and there is a large shared kitchen, dining and living rooms. The drive to Deka, Hathaway, Sulphurous is just a few minutes. To Sheridan is about 20 minutes.

Anyway, check them out and give them a call if you are heading up that way after June 14th. It beats staying at a hotel in 100 Mile House and doing the longer drive to the lakes each day which is what I've been doing the last couple of years. Plus you'd be supporting a local resort owner who has had a tough time with all the inter-regional travel restrictions this year. :)

Lots of places to pitch a good tent or tent trailer along 24 or off the highway campsites everywhere if you will  . Not that I'm apposed to supporting local cabinators but . I guess if you want to be spoiled go for it .

"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 01:08:34 PM »

Tenting? I need to be pampered. ;D

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 02:55:38 PM »

Tenting? I need to be pampered. ;D
Yes  :D fluff up those pillows  ;)
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 11:05:10 PM »

Yes  :D fluff up those pillows  ;)

Don't forget the cucumber face mask. Gotta look my best in front of the camera the next morning. ;D