Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trout Stocking 2021  (Read 9007 times)

Clarki Hunter

Re: Trout Stocking 2021
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2021, 10:53:56 AM »

Thanks for the replies everyone.  Lafarge is my first choice and then Mill.  And that sounds like the best choices. I'm not really a lake person so wanted to get some feedback.

We have 2 cub groups one smaller and one a bit larger.  In total there is usually 6-8 scouters when we meet and put them into cohorts of 6-7 kids.  Makes it easy.  Our home area is Cloverdale but I know that Green Timbers is tighter for space and parking. 

How fast do they get fished out?  Approx?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2021, 12:30:32 PM »

Both should be stocked 2x in the spring. Fishing will be best in the week or so after stocking then fish will spread out and adapt to feeding in the wild and get harder to catch. While numbers go down as fish are caught some fish will last over summer. into fall and even into the next year.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2021, 08:22:45 AM »

bobby b

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2021, 11:55:31 AM »

Fished at Como lake yesterday ...in the rain!
Fishing from the belly boat was good.

One thing I did notice that I have not observed in past years was quite a lot of dead trout near the shore ( where the 'boat launch' area is), beside the dock. Is this a normal occurrence? I get that some won't survive the transfer but it seemed like a lot to me?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2021, 12:11:06 PM »

One thing I did notice that I have not observed in past years was quite a lot of dead trout near the shore ( where the 'boat launch' area is), beside the dock. Is this a normal occurrence? I get that some won't survive the transfer but it seemed like a lot to me?

No that's not normal. How many is a lot? I'll pass on the information to the hatchery.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2021, 02:22:43 PM »

I tried bottom fishing Lafarge yesterday along paved walkway.  Very few people out because of the rain.  So many weeds got in the way so I switched to float fishing. There were a few biters.  I didn't see any dead ones along the shore.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2021, 03:39:11 PM »

Can you PM me your phone # so the hatchery manager can give you a call for more details? They’d like to know more before sending someone down there to see.

bobby b

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2021, 05:02:11 PM »

Hey Rodney
PM sent

bobby b

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2021, 05:06:55 PM »

No that's not normal. How many is a lot? I'll pass on the information to the hatchery.

I guess at least dozen or so in the small area I paddled over at that spot... you can see them on the bottom. 
Not hundreds in view by any means, but as I said above, I have never seen this before. 

bobby b

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2021, 05:09:14 PM »

I'm going again tomorrow afternoon....  I'll try to take a video/photo

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2021, 09:33:28 AM »

Buntzen Lake is being stocked today.

essyoo

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2021, 09:16:32 AM »

Thanks for the updates Rod! Any idea when Rolley, Whonnock, or Hicks will be stocked?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

essyoo

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2021, 06:10:58 PM »

Yeah, the gofishbc website is great for looking into past dates, thanks. But as you can see there is considerable variance when they do the actual stocking and was hoping that Rod might have some insight into this years planned dates.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2021, 08:28:30 PM »

Yeah, the gofishbc website is great for looking into past dates, thanks. But as you can see there is considerable variance when they do the actual stocking and was hoping that Rod might have some insight into this years planned dates.
X2