Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trout Stocking 2021  (Read 8970 times)

colin6101

Trout Stocking 2021
« on: March 10, 2021, 06:01:36 PM »

I saw that they started stocking trout last week on the island. Any news on the Lower Mainland? I have a cousin that is just getting into fishing and wanted to give him some ideas on places to start.

Clarki Hunter

Re: Trout Stocking 2021
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 06:48:39 PM »

gofishbc.ca

I was just looking at that.  Based on past years, it looks like this month for the LML as well.  I did not find any stocking information for this month on the website, maybe they update after the stocking has been done?

colin6101

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 07:03:22 PM »

Yeah I looked and didn't see anything there yet either. When I looked yesterday the Island stockings didn't show up yet though so I was wondering if there was a delay between the stockings and it populating on the website.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 07:27:38 PM »

Stockings in the Lower Mainland begin tomorrow and Friday. Tomorrow Lafarge and Como will receive their fish, Friday Rice, Green Timbers and Sanctuary Pond at Hastings will get their fish. Because of Covid-19 protocols, each stocking process is taking a lot longer, that's why two or three lakes are stocked per day instead of five lakes. More stockings are expected next week once the "Big Fives" are done this week.

colin6101

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 07:45:27 PM »

Awesome, thanks for the heads up Rodney! Do they still publish their stocking plans for the year? I have heard some rumblings that one of the ponds I fished as a kid might be stocked again but can't get any confirmation.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 08:20:48 PM »

Stocking schedules are not published, but I believe a plan on how many fish each lake is expected to receive is available. I'll ask where it is later this week.

colin6101

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 07:57:58 PM »

Okay thanks again Rodney!

Clarki Hunter

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 10:40:18 AM »

Stocking schedules are not published, but I believe a plan on how many fish each lake is expected to receive is available. I'll ask where it is later this week.

Thanks Rod!  You had a great vid on fishing Lafarge with a euro float, do you have any suggestions for a lake to take my Cub Scouts to?  The issue is always that we could have up to 20 kids and getting enough room for them is tough.  Thanks

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2021, 09:23:46 AM »

Thanks Rod!  You had a great vid on fishing Lafarge with a euro float, do you have any suggestions for a lake to take my Cub Scouts to?  The issue is always that we could have up to 20 kids and getting enough room for them is tough.  Thanks

You could try Lafarge? The west side is wide open with a walking path and can accommodate a lot of people.

Also maybe Sasamat. There's a bridge bride with docks that spans one end of the lake, though I havent been there in quite a while.

If you can, go as soon as possible after stocking for best chance of success.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2021, 11:36:16 AM »

Those were going to be my suggestions Dan. Sasamat's concrete foot bridge scares me a bit if you are putting 20 scouts on it. It's fairly narrow, and the wate is really deep along it. I can see some congestion issues. The beach along that west side of Lafarge Lake is good. It's reasonably wide and fishing is usually quite productive. That's where FFSBC usually did its off-site learn to fish sessions.

So, Lafarge and Como were stocked on Thursday. Yesterday Rice and Green Timbers were stocked. Each lake received 2,000 fish. More lake stockings will take place next week. Due to COVID-19, the hatchery is limited to only doing a couple of lakes per day at the moment.

colin6101

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2021, 03:37:47 PM »

What city do your scouts usually meet at? Might give us a better idea of lakes to suggest. If it's further out in the Valley there are a few more options.

GordJ

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2021, 06:50:19 PM »

That would be quite an outing. I’m surprised that you can handle 20 kids and give them real support, good for you. I know that I’d have to break them into 2 or 3 groups at different times to be able to make sure they got the full experience. Two thumbs up.

amesbubbles

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2021, 08:45:10 PM »

They better not be doing Minnie and Stoney.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2021, 08:53:39 PM »

They better not be doing Minnie and Stoney.
X2

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2021, 08:54:44 PM »

When is Mill lake getting stocked?