Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anti UNDRIP Petition  (Read 18555 times)

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
Re: Anti UNDRIP Petition
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2020, 01:48:05 PM »

this is your way to convince people to follow your cause? lol... good luck.

i guess id have that much hate on people if i lose my way of life too. now u know how the FNs have felt.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2020, 01:49:47 PM »

this is your way to convince people to follow your cause? lol... good luck.

Get over yourself Pocahontas...

Nog

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2020, 02:04:37 PM »

Get over yourself Pocahontas...

Nog

Pocahontas? I'm white actually, but thanks for reaffirming my point. The more juvenile u act, the less support ur racist movement would get so that's good.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2020, 02:12:57 PM »

The funny thing here is tiny fish, the vast majority of Forums this has been circulated to are largely offering support. I am completely unsurprised that a largely lefty audience who caters to LIEberal antics can't see the forest through the trees.

As for your support? Phsst! I could not care less.

I do however take offense to your use of the words "racist" towards me.
If you actually knew who I am, you would discover I am anything but.
However, continue in your delusions as you wish...

Nog OUT

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2020, 02:28:43 PM »

The funny thing here is tiny fish, the vast majority of Forums this has been circulated to are largely offering support.
Perhaps that has more to say about the audience of those Forums.  I'm on two others that you frequent and I don't see a lot of support for this initiative.
Most people will see this as it really is, a group of human dinosaurs who are having difficulty adapting to changing attitudes.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2020, 02:33:49 PM »

The funny thing here is tiny fish, the vast majority of Forums this has been circulated to are largely offering support. I am completely unsurprised that a largely lefty audience who caters to LIEberal antics can't see the forest through the trees.

As for your support? Phsst! I could not care less.

I do however take offense to your use of the words "racist" towards me.
If you actually knew who I am, you would discover I am anything but.
However, continue in your delusions as you wish...

Nog OUT

deny all u want but what you've been posting in the past year show what u really are

"I'm not a racist, but id just like to say..." lol :-*

Time's up, stop being a cry baby

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2020, 02:40:17 PM »

Perhaps that has more to say about the audience of those Forums. 

Actually it rather well reflects the mindset of folks who engage in certain activities.
As expected, hunters and firearm enthusiasts are more prone to open eyes and an even closer eye on government activities. Seems many recognize that "government" but rarely looks after their interests.

Conversely, many of fishing forums members have not been so abused by the gov that they will buy into the kool-aid of the day. Even going so far as to re-elect complete incompetents.

Many folks are awake to Trudeau's stance on this matter, and just what it will mean to the entire country when / if he rams this through.

Of course one can always remain a sheep and continue to bleat that it is for the common good.
Always best to label those you don't find favor with while you're at it.
Seems to help the moral among the balance of the flock...  ;)

While I was typing this, I see another of the bleaters responded in kind.
No surprise, and no response towards yet another sheeple.

Cheers,
Nog

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2020, 03:21:12 PM »

Always best to label those you don't find favor with while you're at it.
Seems to help the moral among the balance of the flock...  ;)

You don't see the irony of these two sentences that you just posted?

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2020, 03:31:08 PM »

You don't see the irony of these two sentences that you just posted?

I did when I wrote it Rod, but when the fleece fits...

Cheers...

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2020, 03:54:47 PM »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2020, 04:27:50 PM »

Pocohontas ? Name calling. Childish

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2020, 04:28:51 PM »

'Nog, you do not understand the concept of an argument.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2020, 06:29:07 PM »

I'd have a lot more compassion for Nog's position if he said, "I'm a commercial fisherman and I'm worried about my economic future. I'm concerned that UNDRIP will lead to an increase in FN's allocation of our salmon resources and that could spell financial disaster for me and my family."

Instead he's going with the "supranational agreements will erode Canadian sovereignty by effectively transferring Canadian lawmaking powers to the United Nations" argument (which is obviously nonsense).

I feel for Nog, I really do, and I don't know what the correct move is for an individual in his position. Going after UNDRIP is certainly just a distraction, as it's not the cause of his problems.

I guess we all need a distraction these days  :'(

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2020, 09:32:31 PM »

Nicely stated Blood Orange.

However we  have gotten where we are with our salmon crisis without UNDRIP. I'd say this petition is a harmful distraction from the real problems salmon face. The crisis people in the commercial salmon fishery and the commercialized portions of the sport fishery stems from a decline in salmon numbers not from UNDRIP.

The petition which was drafted and submitted by Mark Friesen, a member of the Peoples Party of Canada which was founded by Maxime Bernier.

The petition makes the false point that Bill C-262  would surrender Canada's sovereignty to a supra-national agreement. If this were true than any international agreement Canada has entered into would in effect be such a surrender including all trade agreements, security alliances, tax treaties and so forth. There are hundreds of these. The ability of a Nation State to enter into such agreements is in fact one of the most important aspects of sovereignty.

More importantly Bill c-262 does not in any way make UNDRIP part of Canadian law but merely that Canadian law be consistent with UNDRIP. This is already the case and for years the courts have examined question of Canadian Law as they relate to international laws, agreements and standards be it from the United Nations, the World Court and a variety of international boards and tribunals that Canada is a member of.

Here is an interesting article on Bill C-262 from BC Business which is hardly a liberal-lefty publication.

https://www.bcbusiness.ca/Setting-a-Higher-Standard-for-Industry-and-Indigenous-Interest

"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2020, 11:59:43 AM »

Formal adoption of UNDRIP into canadian law is far more reaching then just salmon.

We have adopted UNDRIP but only as per the UN. Writing into actually canadian law is a totally different thing and one that is very far reaching.

I think the fact that Bill 262 was delayed 100 times and then left to die in the senate speaks for itself.  Our PM also recently threatened FNs when they were doing roadblocks that he would not reintroduce the bill if they kept at it. 

What the adoption of the bill 262 will likely do is cause a bunch of new supreme court cases.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 12:10:59 PM by wildmanyeah »