Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Snaggy or Lower Pipeline Bar Access Appeal  (Read 35967 times)

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
Re: Snaggy or Lower Pipeline Bar Access Appeal
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2014, 10:20:09 PM »

If DFO who benefits from such additional sockeye related license sales, why shouldn't they do something to help out the situation?

Say if DFO sells an additional 20,000 licenses, at say $50 each, that is 1 million extra intake. Use some of that money to allocate to fishing access improvement.

$100,000 can go a long way to get extra parking.

They can represent fishermen to negotiate with native owners

These are proactive things they can do.

Perhaps DFO can do something there.

My 2 cents.

DFO is not a private sector company and doesn't have a mission to generate revenue out of natural resources. Next time when a sockeye opening in Fraser is anticipated, you may choose not to buy a license. Read the stuff from the DFO's website and try to think and learn before sending out all the nonsense...

http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/about-notre-sujet/org/vision-eng.htm

Our Role
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) has the lead federal role in managing Canada's fisheries and safeguarding its waters.

The Department:

supports strong economic growth in our marine and fisheries sectors by supporting exports and advancing safe maritime trade;
    supports innovation through research in expanding sectors such as aquaculture and biotechnology; and
    contributes to a clean and healthy environment and sustainable aquatic ecosystems through habitat protection, oceans management, and ecosystems research.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2014, 10:22:44 PM »

Typical replies from some governmmet poster boys. Say what you want from behind the computer. Legitimate fishermen's concerns are reflected by real fishermen there trying to find parking and space to fish. Go check out the sockeye fishing bars and how jammed and crowded they are. If expressing such concerns, the unnecessary limitation of access to popular sockeye bars, the reduction of parking space, if these are garbages in your mind, then you are not representing the concerns of the majority of the fishermen out there for the sockeye. Sad to see such a popular fishing site wanting to take such a nasty position on even just mentioning of such concerns and trying to discus some possibility of solution.

I feel this site has failed my expectation of being the voice of the fishermen and the problems they face. They may not be fishermen according to some of you elitists. But they are real guys and girls, even kids and senior going after a prized fish which some of you don't consider worthy of your time because you oppose the method of harvesting them.

I will not spill more concerns or garbages any more on this site as I am done with this site and will just happily fish and mind my own business. After fishing for 20+ years, I can catch my sockeye from any opening among the trees or rocks along the non tidal Fraser. I don't even need a fishing bar. I don't need any fishing report as I have a vast network of active fishermen exchanging current fishing condition.

Expressing all these 'garbages' is done more for those guys than myself. But with this site and the view of the owner, such motivation is something to be laughed at & jeered. Too bad. You guys can keep on hammering me. Fine, and I am done posting from now on. It has been a good experience posting here. Tight line.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2014, 10:27:38 PM »

What?? DFO is not a lobbying group for recreational fishermen?? Outrageous! ;D

Oh right, at some point I probably should let out a little secret which may disappoint some clueless individuals. When you purchase a BC freshwater fishing licence, your licence dollars are allocated to the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC and Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation. When you purchase a salmon conservation surcharge for retaining your salmon in freshwater, the total amount goes to the Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation. DFO does not receive funds from our freshwater angling licence dollars.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=36072.0

Oops… Too busy worrying about others taking your fish as always.

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2014, 10:36:42 PM »

When you purchase a BC freshwater fishing licence, your licence dollars are allocated to the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC and Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation. When you purchase a salmon conservation surcharge for retaining your salmon in freshwater, the total amount goes to the Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation.

Uhhhh... Now we know for who all the anti-flosser conspirators work for! ;D 

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2014, 10:43:15 PM »

Kind of funny that this "anti-flosser" always ends up at all these boring meetings which deal with issues and improvements for the Fraser River sockeye salmon fishery. I must be conspiring with DFO to eliminate all access for the poor fishermen! The guilt, gonna lose some serious sleep tonight!

I just want to let everyone know that I've been the one turning down the parking lot proposals at the table... :-[

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2014, 11:56:37 PM »

I just want to let everyone know that I've been the one turning down the parking lot proposals at the table... :-[

So you're the person for the lack of parking at the Stave ? :)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2014, 12:10:49 AM »

Yes! :D

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2014, 09:36:27 AM »

I knew it! I thought i saw you putting up the no parking signs on the west side of the stave! Lol
I also heard you're trying to make the whole vedder/chilliwack river private use only too! A pay per use river. ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2014, 01:42:56 PM »

I knew it! I thought i saw you putting up the no parking signs on the west side of the stave! Lol
I also heard you're trying to make the whole vedder/chilliwack river private use only too! A pay per use river. ;)

Already working on that, so people don't sneak up behind me in the morning there like what happened a few weeks ago! ;D

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2014, 02:21:22 PM »

You got to be kidding right ? You want DFO to create more gravel bars for fishermen ? The only way to lower the Fraser River is through building numerous dams on feeder streams and right on the Fraser.
Yes, I was kidding. Purely satirical

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2014, 11:36:26 AM »

If I can buy $10-$15 per fish which has been bled & frozen properly, I will just stay home.

You should know that it is a long-standing tradition on the west coast that is unethical to eat fish not caught by you or a member of your family or fishing party.   You never buy fish.

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2014, 04:54:22 PM »

You should know that it is a long-standing tradition on the west coast that is unethical to eat fish not caught by you or a member of your family or fishing party.   You never buy fish.
Instead you waste all your hard earned money on the CHANCE you will snag er I mean catch two? Hey I caught two but it cost about 75 $ :)

standalone

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2014, 09:42:43 AM »

come on. sockeye flossing is the biggest party in fisherman community. I want to join!

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2014, 11:58:30 AM »

Kind of goes against your name :)

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2014, 01:23:17 PM »

Kind of goes against your name :)
Bahahaha... well played.