Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: lafarge lake fishing derby tommorow  (Read 5234 times)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
lafarge lake fishing derby tommorow
« on: June 18, 2004, 10:44:34 PM »

Cant wait till tomrrow its annual LAFARGE LAKE DERBY. Big carp and catfish are caught in this lake. You guys should go it will be fun.

off topic. Adanac ill phone you at 10 in the moring u better pick up. WERE GOIN TO CATCH SOME CARP.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 10:45:37 PM by FISHER »
weeeeeeeeeow!

Willowbarkus

• I'm a llama!
Re:lafarge lake fishing derby tommorow
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 10:49:48 PM »

Isn't that the lake in Coquitlam near the mall? I can't imagine a fishing derby there. I'd like to go and watch just so I could see the fun.
Carole

Randog

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 08:35:27 AM »

Well I'm off to lend a hand at the Lafarge derby now. Hope to see some of you forum members out there.  ;D

Randog

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 06:04:52 PM »

Wow, what a turn out! There must have been at least 300-400 people there, and it seems like I must have rigged up all of their rods at least 3 times. A few of the B.C. Lions were on hand signing autographs. But the main attraction was the B.C. Lions cheer leaders (drooling on keyboard).

A great time was had by all, and yes a few fish were even caught. The Fraser Valley trout hatchery truck showed up and some of the kids helped out and released about 200 trout into the lake.

There was prizes, hot dogs and pop but the best part was seeing the young ones out there trying their hands at fishing. Hopefully a few of them will stick with it and become keen fishermen in the years to come.

The guys who put this event on are A #1. and I have to say thanks for all of the hard work and organizing. I'll definetly be out there to lend a hand next year.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 09:38:12 AM »

did u see any big carp caught. randog
weeeeeeeeeow!