Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Disrespect bait ban  (Read 6478 times)

big spring

Disrespect bait ban
« on: October 05, 2013, 08:56:37 PM »

Fishing cap's this afternoon,saw a young guy fishing with roe,told a guy bait ban still on, he said I know & keep on fishing,he is a experience fisherman.

milo

• Old Timer
Re: Disrespect bait ban
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 09:07:14 PM »

O.R.R.

Nuff said.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 09:19:33 PM »

No one cares, nothing will be done. Watched a guy clean his wild coho tonight. Told him your not allowed to keep wild coho, guy tells me he knows that. I ask him why he is cleaning it then. He tells me its a spring as he slips it into his garbage bag.  :-\
The Bigger The Better!

Suther

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 09:39:15 PM »

No one cares, nothing will be done. Watched a guy clean his wild coho tonight. Told him your not allowed to keep wild coho, guy tells me he knows that. I ask him why he is cleaning it then. He tells me its a spring as he slips it into his garbage bag.  :-\

The sort of thing that makes you wish the DFO actually showed up when they were called...

You would think the fines they can hand out would more than cover the cost of hiring more officers to fine people. Seems there are plenty of people breaking the laws all the damn time, start throwing the book at 'em!

Trophy Tackle

• Trophy Tackle
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 10:10:25 PM »

Yes, that is a common sight at the Capilano during the fall unfortunately.  Its gotten obscene over the last few years.  Blatant bait use by 49%, flossing and snagging 49%, legit sport fishing 1%. 

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 10:33:52 PM »

Well you did say everyone on this forum could kill 1 wild coho in that other thread.......
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

salmonrook

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 12:15:04 AM »

Funny how it always triggers suspicion in me when you see a guy walking out with a black garbage bag in hand. :-\

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 01:49:08 AM »

Happens every year on the cap. Several spots are more notorious than others. Whatever you're seeing at cable pool is nothing compared to some of the other spots that are out of sight.

I reminded a gentleman fishing beside a pink salmon I had watched him kill that there is zero pink retention on the cap the other day. His response was "but... since when do pinks come up the cap"... ::) I took a photo, shook my head and walked away. Didn't bother bringing out the rod that day either, after taking one look at the people "fishing" if you can even call it that...

zap brannigan

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 09:13:05 AM »

post a dfo officer at the river daily, the fines they could hand out at that beak hole would be astounding.

SteelHunter

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 11:15:29 AM »

Undercover Dfo was there the other week looking for those people using roe, I was fishing that day .
I had a friendly chat with them as they checked if i was fishing within regs. They told me they been getting
alot of complaints from people calling RAPP line about people using roe and snagging.

I guess your playing if and when they will show up so good luck for those who break rules one day your karma will come

Now that there is undercover DFO your poop going hit the fan sooner than later now
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 11:18:29 AM by SteelHunter »

fishernick

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 01:29:48 PM »

the cap is brutal for that, i see guys with a couple rods and hes got a bag on one, spinner on the other and another with skein on. its crazy. everywhere you go you see signs of single eggs, mesh and 40 lb braid. its such a gong show!!!

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 07:18:57 PM »

I see borax and leftover roe there all season.

fishbandit66

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 08:20:20 AM »

Yes, that is a common sight at the Capilano during the fall unfortunately.  Its gotten obscene over the last few years.  Blatant bait use by 49%, flossing and snagging 49%, legit sport fishing 1%.

What about the other 1%??

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 10:41:28 AM »

What about the other 1%??

Hahaha... you beat me to it.  I like to imagine the other 1% are fishing without hooks just for the "pull". ;)

Trophy Tackle

• Trophy Tackle
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 11:31:21 PM »

Haha.  My bad.  Ok, 2% fishing legitimately now.  Things are looking up.